New rates at dpd

LazyDriver:
Is that with paid breaks?

1st 45 minutes deducted :frowning:

That’s a good rate you mention, but is it regional?

I notice that DPD are now carpet bombing all areas of the country on a lot of job websites, with a very generalised advert touting their new rate of pay (they don’t say what it is). There is no application finish date. Exercise in market research?

They need to be more specific.

andy187:

CallumB:
I too am intrigued as to what this new hourly rate is as I’m close to the Hinckley hubs and am now wondering if it could be worth firing over a cv.

Themoocher:
come on don’t keep me hanging big man
what’s the basic hourly and over time in the holy grail

From October 25 £14.46 p/h. ot after 40 x1.5, extra shift x1.75

That must be the 7.5T rate surely? What is the Class 1?

Swordsy:
we just had a pay rise.

On our hourly rate…permanent.

I was happy before. This is icing on the cake.

If you can put up with doing everything properly and by the book, best place ive worked for, ever…

before i worked here I always classed Royal Mail as the Holy Grail…

No thanks :wink:

Good to know that they run by the book. I’m starting on 7.5t with them tomorrow. I’m surprised that I’m on a similar rate to you but without the bonuses. Do you know how easy it is to get an internal promotion once I get my artic licence?

Thanks for the reply andy187 hourly rate looks about average but potential to earn a decent wage with overtime. I think I will send a cv in and go from there.

andy187:

CallumB:
I too am intrigued as to what this new hourly rate is as I’m close to the Hinckley hubs and am now wondering if it could be worth firing over a cv.

Themoocher:

If that extra shift is sunday, x2

Swordsy:

andy187:

CallumB:

Themoocher:

If that extra shift is sunday, x2

Not for me. I work weekends lol

Sent from my moto g(10) using Tapatalk

CallumB:
Thanks for the reply andy187 hourly rate looks about average but potential to earn a decent wage with overtime. I think I will send a cv in and go from there.

Most runs are 10-12 hours…some more some less.

I do 11.25 a day, same run…easy stress free work, top line with pay rise about 920 a week.

They are the best company ive worked for, really look after staff.

With the first two hours of the shorter working week added, Royal Mail pay £18.12ph before allowances and o/t for class 1 work.

Swordsy:

CallumB:

I do 11.25 a day, same run…easy stress free work, top line with pay rise about 920 a week.

Being hub driver work is varied, got start times i like, and ask me what type of day i want… usually ending up with 9 to 10, but more than happy doing 8. if i get a long run over 13 hours, not to bothered, and tell them i will be back in 11/12 hours after i finish.
At a stage in life I no longer need to be chasing the £.

so many hours in the day, rather spend most at home.

And best of all less than 10 minutes to work… unless some muppet hits the bridge

andy187:

Swordsy:

CallumB:

Being hub driver work is varied, got start times i like, and ask me what type of day i want… usually ending up with 9 to 10, but more than happy doing 8. if i get a long run over 13 hours, not to bothered, and tell them i will be back in 11/12 hours after i finish.
At a stage in life I no longer need to be chasing the £.

so many hours in the day, rather spend most at home.

And best of all less than 10 minutes to work… unless some muppet hits the bridge

Are your start times consistent? What shift patterns are available?

I ask because Oldbury is not far from me…

Iandrummer81:

I think it similar. But Mon to Fri is fixed but changes every few weeks. IE my roster is 11.00 till 13.45 start times. Weekends are fixed.

I don’t know what the hourly rate is. However I just lost 2 colleagues who have moved to DPD on the night trunking. Salary in Cornwall for double-manned runs to Hinckley has just gone up from £46k to £57k. Salary in Exeter for Hinckley run was £39k just been increased to £50k.

andy187:

Iandrummer81:

I think it similar. But Mon to Fri is fixed but changes every few weeks. IE my roster is 11.00 till 13.45 start times. Weekends are fixed.

If they did a 4 on 4 off I’d go straight away I reckon, which I’m guessing they don’t?

I’ve been spoiled by this shift :smiley:

Anyone know which agencies they’re using for the Midlands (Hinckley, Oldbury)? I replied to an email from Extra with my availability for the weekend but they’ve ignored it and I’m trying to get a shift or two there (pref. Hinckely) to see what the place is like.

Cosmic:
I don’t know what the hourly rate is. However I just lost 2 colleagues who have moved to DPD on the night trunking. Salary in Cornwall for double-manned runs to Hinckley has just gone up from £46k to £57k. Salary in Exeter for Hinckley run was £39k just been increased to £50k.

I compared emails from June-July and one from the end of last week, the rates are pretty much the same for agency, except now they pay attendance bonus of £40 per shift up to £200 per week and offer £30 per hour for the bank holidays.

ETS:
Anyone know which agencies they’re using for the Midlands (Hinckley, Oldbury)?

I found 1 more: H&G Recruitment

Pretty much exact same rates as the other one (Extrapersonnel). They both offer umbrella too (didn’t they put an end to this…? I still see agencies (ADR Network eg.) offering LTD employment too…■■)

ETS:
Anyone know which agencies they’re using for the Midlands (Hinckley, Oldbury)? I replied to an email from Extra with my availability for the weekend but they’ve ignored it and I’m trying to get a shift or two there (pref. Hinckely) to see what the place is like.

Cosmic:

I compared emails from June-July and one from the end of last week, the rates are pretty much the same for agency, except now they pay attendance bonus of £40 per shift up to £200 per week and offer £30 per hour for the bank holidays.

Best Connection Leicester have a Hinckley parcel firm on their current jobs list. I know it’s DPD. :wink:

ETS:
Hello,

NEW INCENTIVES FOR DPD OLDBURY AND HINCKLEY

!!There is now a £200 weekly bonus paid each week!! (for 5 shifts worked)

There will also be an £30 per hour flat rate payable from Friday 26th November to Tuesday 30th November and also a £30 per hour flat rate across Nights and Days for Monday 20th December to Thursday 23rd December.

A reminder of the current rates (inclusive of holiday)
Days £20
Nights £22
Weekend Days £24
Weekend Nights £26

Thanks,
Beth Ignition Drivers

Cosmic:

This