New O/D Guide On How To Start Up On Your Own?

DO SOME RESEARCH , as regards what
freight pays, the best rate and does not
make you wait too long for the payment,
firms who can offer a service which is
good and beats all others will get work,
try tanker work, or have a trailer which
will not only carry a container but also
is a fully working tilt or curtainsider,
when not carrying a container,this may
be the way for you , So see what
transport pays best and can you compete with
those who are out there working in that field of
transport,

The point people have made about
not growing too big quickly,is true
also put money to the side for the
bad times, talk to the accountant or bank
manager for their advice,on the best way
to do this
and perhaps this will
ensure that when you get problems that
they do not get out of control

This may be useful…

BECOMING AN OWNER DRIVER

Standard National. £6200
International. £6200

£12400 before you even start then the cost of the truck n trailer insurence tax then on top of that theres fuel costing anything from £500 to a £1000 a week if your doing europe toll charges/roadtax everyday.if you blow a tyre over there and you dont carry your own spare then theres £800 gone if you use ats euromaster.i used to want to be an owner driver doing europe but these figures made me realise i would never become an owner driver i couldnt live with that kinda debt.if i had £12400 to spare or overdraft samething id buy a truck but an old classic and use it for shows only :smiley: .fair play to all you guys that are owner drivers i take me hat off to ya :wink:
any wannabe owner drivers like me please take the rose tinted glasses off before ya start yeah it would be nice to own and drive a top spec motor with shiney bits on but think of what it would cost ya in money,time and effort.theres some great advice on this forum take it all in and then sit and think long n hard about.if you still want to do it goodluck.