New member - first day driving for agency tomorrow

I’ve enjoyed reading your posts too, and you’re lucky to get a full week with the agency straight off like that so well done :slight_smile:

It certainly sounds like you’ve earnt the weekends rest.

I did one day for a removal company this week, tho i got off lightly compared to you as it was a business removal- no tight places to maneuver around, and not too much lifting either as alot of stuff was on pallets :slight_smile: still worn out and aching after tho lol.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Chas:
You didn’t swerve to avoid hitting it, you swerved because it was your instinctive reaction. Please get out of this habit ASAP. Far better to bump the numpty in front than hit the oncoming vehicle head on.
When working on recovery I attended a double fatal, a young lady ‘instinctively’ swerved to avoid hitting a startled Pheasant !

Thankfully there was no oncoming as it was at a three lane feed onto a roundabout and no other traffic. Could so easily have gone wrong though, so I think I caught a break there.

I’ll give the agency a ring in the morning as I have to send them my time sheet. Hopefully the feedback will be good as I’ve been told that some agency drivers they’ve had in before have flat refused to do/simply been unable to cope with this sort of work. I burst my ■■■ all week to be best of my ability. The irony is, I may now end up getting asked back but at this point in time I’m still somewhat traumatised by moving sofas into top floor flats to consider doing it all over again soon - fair play to those who do this every day for a living. Reading other diaries on here though indicates that there’s rarely a straightforward job to be had!

Cheers again everyone, let’s see what next week brings. :smiley:

RetroVaux:

Chas:
You didn’t swerve to avoid hitting it, you swerved because it was your instinctive reaction. Please get out of this habit ASAP. Far better to bump the numpty in front than hit the oncoming vehicle head on.
When working on recovery I attended a double fatal, a young lady ‘instinctively’ swerved to avoid hitting a startled Pheasant !

Thankfully there was no oncoming as it was at a three lane feed onto a roundabout and no other traffic. Could so easily have gone wrong though, so I think I caught a break there.

I’ll give the agency a ring in the morning as I have to send them my time sheet. Hopefully the feedback will be good as I’ve been told that some agency drivers they’ve had in before have flat refused to do/simply been unable to cope with this sort of work. I burst my ■■■ all week to be best of my ability. The irony is, I may now end up getting asked back but at this point in time I’m still somewhat traumatised by moving sofas into top floor flats to consider doing it all over again soon - fair play to those who do this every day for a living. Reading other diaries on here though indicates that there’s rarely a straightforward job to be had!

Cheers again everyone, let’s see what next week brings. :smiley:

Easiest job is on C+E pulling containers. Someone else loads and someone else unloads, all you do is drive it from A - B. Only job to do really for me, though some supermarket runs are OK RDC-ing as it were. I did a spell on removals and frankly, if the bosses had to do it for just one day they’d have a heart attack. It’s very hard work and the money is ■■■■■ - much better on the boxes and only half the work…

Good luck with your next job, keep the reports coming… :smiley:

Phoned the agency today and asked if they may have anything for next week and got a short ’ they {the sofa people} don’t need anyone next week so we’ve not got anything for you, bye.’ That’s odd as the sofa people told me that they’d be short next week and they’d almost certainly be looking for a driver on at least a couple of days. I’m not bothered as I’m down to work on cars most of next week (but it’s good as this is pretty flexible) but I’d have liked it if they’ d have taken time to ask me about how I’d felt about the work I’d done, how I’d got on and so on. Plus I didn’t get the chance to say don’t ask me again coz I ain’t doing it :grimacing: So, let’s just see what they come up with over next week (if anything) that doesn’t involve furniture.