new lmia

taffytrucker:

neilg14:

taffytrucker:
The border crossings are becoming more and more reluctant to issue WP. My last one they put on the bottom must reapply through Vegerville

The borders are having big changes and updates in their computer systems at the moment and are not happy when people turn up to renew WP’s or land for PR.

That was 18 months ago Neil I did mine. I think it depends on the guard you get and what mood they are in.

That is very true, some of their attitudes stink, even when crossing back in.

I was due to re-new My TWP last month, I asked at Emerson about The Vegreville application, I was told not to do that as it would cause problems, this being due to crossing the border weekly.

This would have been My 4th work permit this time in Canada, I’ve never been granted one of more than 13.5 months in duration but have had a 10.5 month one too lol. The last time here in 2007 it was for 12 months too, so My tally is 5 TWP’s in this province of MB.

My friend came back recently already with a nomination & had no need for an LMO He was granted 3 years & His Mrs a 3 year open TWP. What I’m saying is its all about whats happening & who’s on on the day.

I was getting pretty ■■■■■■ as it goes as I’ve been in The Canuck immigration system since 2004 & I finally got My PR in December, I told Ottawa I had been refused entry & hey presto a week later I had PR lol.

Each & every case is different & IMHO the system here is a bit mental.

I know My employer cant be bothered with these LMIA things there take being is its way too much hassle.

The $1000 LMIA thing is pennies to the big players & I think its the not knowing what the score is as to why many are just sitting back & seeing what happens, as soon as H&R & Bison etc have a few hundred trucks stood there will be moves afoot to get it sorted.

As for Alberta that’s a different thing I’ve a good friend over there who has explained there way of doing immigration & it seems to Me to be the worse province, relying on employers is a waste of time, I’ve done the whole thing Myself with no real input from My employer.

Anyway I dunno if this is really relevant & I hope You get to stay in Canada Chap

Every one of us has had very different experiences with, some like fly sheet and myself have had a different outcome each time we reapplied, so no matter what happens to one application, that means nothing as far as the next one is concerned.

Like Russian Roulette this immigration lark, I hear citizenship is worse still and I’m doing that as soon as I’m eligible, sounds like fun…

newmercman:
Every one of us has had very different experiences with, some like fly sheet and myself have had a different outcome each time we reapplied, so no matter what happens to one application, that means nothing as far as the next one is concerned.

Like Russian Roulette this immigration lark, I hear citizenship is worse still and I’m doing that as soon as I’m eligible, sounds like fun…

I’m doing Citizenship now and a breeze compared to PR, did the forms in about 45 mins.

I’m not eligible until September, I’ve stayed up here in the frozen wilderness the last couple of years so we can get through without going in front of the judge to explain why I’ve been out of the country so much, that is supposed to knock at least a year off the time it takes, it bloody better or I’ve been freezing my ■■■■ off up here for nothing :laughing:

newmercman:
I’m not eligible until September, I’ve stayed up here in the frozen wilderness the last couple of years so we can get through without going in front of the judge to explain why I’ve been out of the country so much, that is supposed to knock at least a year off the time it takes, it bloody better or I’ve been freezing my ■■■■ off up here for nothing :laughing:

Haha, yeah and this year, CIC are saying that the times for the Citizenship process will be reduced from 2yrs to 1yr, here’s hoping, just one tip for you when filling in the forms, you have to fill out every question, if it doesn’t apply to you put N/A.
Unfortunately I read about this after I put my App in and didn’t do this, so I am expecting my App to get sent back as incomplete. :cry:

Cheers for that, I will download the forms ahead of time so I can get all my ducks in a row.

I’m eligible to apply for citizenship now but if I do so, my hundreds of days outside Canada in the truck (I mean, how dare I!) will be an endless hindrance. A friend of mine and his wife are in the process. He’s a driver, she works in the transport office of the place he originally worked for. Her application is fine, all boxed off and she’ll have citizenship in the next few months and he’s been told that he most likely won’t as they’ll want to investigate why he hasn’t been in Canada. Whilst truck drivers are being patronised and insulted like this I have no intention of applying for it. The fact that they’d view a truck driver who did a dedicated run from NB to BC as having commitment and ties to Canada but a truck driver who drove for the same company, in a Canadian truck, with Canadian goods, and earning money in to a Canadian bank account, to pay for a Canadian mortgage is somehow suspect because he crosses the border is a bloody joke.

Yes, the system is mad, but it is what it is, moaning about it and acting on principle isn’t hurting the system, but it ain’t doing you much good.

It could be worse though, if there wasn’t all those checks and balances then Canada would be a free for all like Britain…

newmercman:
Yes, the system is mad, but it is what it is, moaning about it and acting on principle isn’t hurting the system, but it ain’t doing you much good.

It could be worse though, if there wasn’t all those checks and balances then Canada would be a free for all like Britain…

I do want citizenship but when I eventually go for it, it’ll most probably be doing it the way you did, getting a Canada only job for a few years and avoiding all the nonsense. I’ll see how my mate gets on though, it may not be as bad as he’s led to believe as apparently he won’t have to wait several months or years to see an immigration judge now, but rather just an office wallah on the government gravy train which is supposed to be quicker. Time will tell.

If that’s the case then my self imposed exile from warmer climes has been in vain.

Deep joy :cry:

newmercman:
If that’s the case then my self imposed exile from warmer climes has been in vain.

The office wallah in question is the same one who interviewed them both at the knowledge test and she gave him a hard time about his border crossings but when he pushed the issue and told her they’ve got every piece of information from him that he could possibly give, that he’s working for a Canadian company, carrying Canadian exports, earning in to a Canadian bank account, to pay his Canadian mortgage on his Canadian house, in Canada and that he has all of his log books on hand right there and then to put to bed any concerns she may have, she couldn’t give him an answer as to what the problem would be, other than “We might need more information”…What information? “I don’t know” Who does know? “I don’t know”

I reckon your self imposed exile will be worth it in the end. He may not wait as long as he would have for a judge, but I can still see a load of messing about ahead none the less.

newmercman:

Another thing I just remembered is the qualifying period for Citizenship is changing from 3yrs in the last 4 to 4yrs in the last 6.
There is no date for the change yet, but the proposal is for this year, the bill has been passed twice in the HoP last year but I think there is one more vote on it anytime now.
Deeper joy :frowning:
Luckily, this won’t affect me, I’ve ran Canada only since April 2010.

I will have four years by the time I’m eligible, I did this on advice from our local MP’s representative who told me staying north of the border was the best thing I could do.