New job or not?

Signalman!!! Rail wages and conditions!!!

Not sure which of us here is the more envious…and you’re undecided■■?

I need a drink.

Juddian:
The full time @ £23k for 48 hours is not good enough IMO, at least £7k under for Mon to Fri normal hour days.

Your deluded imo.

A link to managerial positions in Essex… Driving a lorry doesn’t compare at all to the majority of management jobs.

Saaamon:

Juddian:
The full time @ £23k for 48 hours is not good enough IMO, at least £7k under for Mon to Fri normal hour days.

Your deluded imo.

A link to managerial positions in Essex… Driving a lorry doesn’t compare at all to the majority of management jobs.

Manager Jobs in Essex - Manager Vacancies | Reed.co.uk

Possibly, or maybe i just don’t choose to join, endorse, encourage, yearn for, or sing the praises of, the race to the bottom.

Haven’t clicked the link, what on earth does a managers job advertised in Essex have to do with a lorry drivers job elsewhere, the mere fact a job is being advertised outside tells you its going to be nothing to write home about.

Try a little poll of drivers you meet out and about, ask those who are in unions what rate they’re on for what hours, and compare with non union.

Might try asking the non union drivers (if they’ll admit) of unionised companies if they feel aggrieved when they get the annual pay rises that the sub paying members stewards negotiate for them, the answers to that question might give a clue as to why so many drivers are racing each other downhill.

Pimpdaddy:

cliffystephens:
One thing I do know is that a employer does not have the same opinion as some GOOD drivers …had one working for me who could never reach his no accident bonus paid yearly ever …

Right…so what is the definition of a good driver…?

A good driver is someone who will make the boss the most money. :wink:

jobseeker:
A good driver is someone who will make the boss the most money. :wink:

And how on earth is the driver supposed to know such information…?