New Driver...

gareth:
i do 2 1/2 hrs driving then do 3hrs other work another 2hrs driving then 45min break then3hrs other work then 30min break

you just broke the law my friend!!!
you could drive for 2 1/2 hours, work for 3 hours but you would need a 30 minute break after half an hours driving (2 1/2 + 3 + 1/2 = 6)
then you could do the last 1 1/2 hour drive but you will need another 15 minute break before driving again to make up your 45 then you can do your last 3 hours other work
easy read version:

2 1/2 hours driving
3 hours other work
1/2 hour driving
30 minute break (WTD)
1 1/2 hours driving
15 minute break (drivers hours)
3 hours other work

it doesnt make your day any longer but it does make a difference to the authorities and they are the people who will prosecute so watch yourself :wink:

so if its a mixture of driving + other work, the 6hr rule comes in, so is waiting to be unloaded… other work or (poa) uless there is a delay on uloading or loading then that doesnt count towards working time or driving time unless theres is a further delay buy the unloaders the 2nd hr must be counted as working time,unless you are notified of the further delay then that then can be classed as poa …i think :open_mouth: where can i get a copy of the drivers hours regulations

about 3 postings ago. the link i put in is to the depatment for transport. the working time directive is the exact legislation that the link will take you to. all 33 pages of it :wink:

hi lads,
ive past my class 1 on november the 11th and having problems finding work,being christmas is not helping and hopping for some luck.
im in southeast london and has any one have any thoughts :cry:
regards .