Need some mechanicle advice

What was the problem with the steering then Freebird?

Discopete:
What was the problem with the steering then Freebird?

Discopete, I hate to admit this but the problem returned a couple of days later. As soon as I was loaded to GVW the left lock was restricted. The right lock is now normal but the left lock goes so far and then a dead stop. Before the right lock went too far and left lock power steering failed at a certain point.
I had to get a headlight fixed so while I was with the fitter (decent bloke) he had a good look at it. He said its not the lock stops its the steering box, and that its not dangerous except for manouverability difficulties. So Im back to square one, I defected the vehicle again this week and this time identified the fault exactly.
On top of all this when I got in Friday morning all my kit had been gone through, night out gear, food stove etc all over the cab and floor. At first I thought it was the shunter but then another driver reported his CD player ripped out of his vehicle. Apparently the yard had been broken into, no alarms went off, no cameras etc. I had nothing nicked basically because I take my SatNav etc out. Im wondering how safe my car is there when on nights out (only thing decent I got left). Other drivers have nice cars too.
I been on locals for 2 days as works quiet right now, so Im doing more calls, and I was dead tired yesterday and arms dropping off as I have to open and close the curtains more often (they are still too short and hard to shut (especially in wind), and you gotta plan ahead if a tight left turn comes up or risk looking a pillock shunting to get round.
Before anyone says anything I have two companies to try for work (been speaking to other local drivers). Bear in mind if I dont work my house goes and wife will finally go over the edge.
Appart from that everything is fine :smiley:
Phil
Moan moan moan