Need help regarding deductions from wages

limeyphil:
have you tried hitting the bloke?
just a thought. :smiley:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Not sure it would look good it court - though I can see why you’d want to! :grimacing:

Truckulent:

limeyphil:

Not sure it would look good it court - though I can see why you’d want to! :grimacing:

I agree, smacking people used to be my 1st port of call, but you go to work for money and what do you think the chances are of getting your money then?

If you can afford to do without the money, don’t mind a criminal record and possibly getting sued so you’re even more out of pocket, then I can vouch that hitting a smarmy git like that feels DAMNED GOOD - but is a little addictive…

waynedl:

Truckulent:

limeyphil:

I agree, smacking people used to be my 1st port of call, but you go to work for money and what do you think the chances are of getting your money then?

If you can afford to do without the money, don’t mind a criminal record and possibly getting sued so you’re even more out of pocket, then I can vouch that hitting a smarmy git like that feels DAMNED GOOD - but is a little addictive…

the thing with criminal records. it’s like taking sugar in your tea. 1 makes a difference, 2 makes a bit more of a difference, but eventually it makes no odds how many sugars you have, it all tastes the same. and then you end up not giving a [zb] any more. :smiley:

Found another bit in a part of the driver contract written in 2003 saying any driver who leves the company before 12 months service may be charged for any uniforms provided.

This contradicts the other part written in 2011 and. I got the uniform 8 months late… So, even if they did try to charge me, surely it should be pro-rata.

It just seems as if the firm is ■■■■■■ off that someone lately provided with a uniform has then walked away following that late company outlay…

Deducting anything other than Taxes and NICs from wages without the earner’s consent is theft. Even loan repayments have to be agreed to.
They can therefore only make a deduction for Uniform if you agree to the deduction!
If you DID agree, then it will be something in the small print of your contract. If there was no such contact, then they are just trying to steal your wages to reduce their own losses, being a mickey mouse outfit, and you’ll win easily in small claims court, providing the MD doesn’t wind up the firm and escape abroad in the meantime.

A stern letter pointing out that you know your rights and the company obligations should do the trick here. :grimacing:

Would this firm be the dreaded Mercado by any chance.?

thelorryist:
Found another bit in a part of the driver contract written in 2003 saying any driver who leves the company before 12 months service may be charged for any uniforms provided.

This contradicts the other part written in 2011 and. I got the uniform 8 months late… So, even if they did try to charge me, surely it should be pro-rata.

I wondered if there was something like that in the contract, I’ve had something in the past where they can claim back for anything that’s been bespoke made within a set period.

roadrunner:

Hmm… That would be telling

thelorryist:

roadrunner:

It would also be helping, if it has happened to others or is likely to happen to others. This is the company who outbase their vehicles at the drivers home isn’t it?

How does that work if each driver doesn’t have an operator’s licence? :open_mouth:

Not quite getting this one,
1 your wages are owed ? I’m guessing 2weeks plus ?

2 why don’t they just pay your wages and argue the rest afterwards ?

3 it’s a ZBing uniform must cost £10-£20 are they really going to go to court over that little amount ?

4 phone him and get him to admit on the phone that you returned the uniform and record it

Am I missing something here ?

Wheel Nut:

thelorryist:

roadrunner:

It would also be helping, if it has happened to others or is likely to happen to others. This is the company who outbase their vehicles at the drivers home isn’t it?

Yes it mercado and no they don’t out base to homes. They have also stopped my wage going into my bank in the morning.

I looked on my Internet banking and it showed the payment ready to go through. Looked again this afternoon and they have stopped it. Fuming.

keebs26uk:
Not quite getting this one,
1 your wages are owed ? I’m guessing 2weeks plus ?

2 why don’t they just pay your wages and argue the rest afterwards ?

3 it’s a ZBing uniform must cost £10-£20 are they really going to go to court over that little amount ?

4 phone him and get him to admit on the phone that you returned the uniform and record it

Am I missing something here ?

Should be a months wage minus 1 day. As above they have stopped my wage going in to my bank. This is getting daft now.

You’ve had all the advice you need - but I’d definately be getting tempted to go with limeyphil’s idea :smiling_imp:

In that case take it to court, they can’t stop your wages over £20-£30 worth of uniform. You will win your wages at least

Well, it’s been confirmed that they intend to deduct £70.76 for uniform.

I’m going to use the moneyclaimonline service

£25 to make a claim. Should cause them a bit of inconvenience.

Also they are refusing the write my final pay cheque until Friday afternoon, they won’t hand it to another member of staff, they are going to send it recorded delivery.

No doubt second class…

When I initiate the MCO claim, I intend to request the £70.76 for the uniform, the £25 court fee, 8 months of £5.89 (pro rata of not been supplied workware) & £12.00 for a pair of cheap boots I bought on 30/6/12

Will I also be able to charge them for my time and any phone calls?

What you guys think?

Just the amount and costs of bringing the claim. You must write to them formally first before putting the claim online - they’ll probably pay up at that stage.

The cheque thing is pretty standard for final pay.

thelorryist:
Well, it’s been confirmed that they intend to deduct £70.76 for uniform.

I’m going to use the moneyclaimonline service

£25 to make a claim. Should cause them a bit of inconvenience.

Also they are refusing the write my final pay cheque until Friday afternoon, they won’t hand it to another member of staff, they are going to send it recorded delivery.

No doubt second class…

When I initiate the MCO claim, I intend to request the £70.76 for the uniform, the £25 court fee, 8 months of £5.89 (pro rata of not been supplied workware) & £12.00 for a pair of cheap boots I bought on 30/6/12

Will I also be able to charge them for my time and any phone calls?

What you guys think?

Phone calls yes, and if it goes to court, I think it was a seperate thing you filled in on the day to claim that days expenses which included (but possibly not limited to) lost earnings, fuel costs and parking costs

I used money claim online once as a old boss never paid me £700. it went the full distance and he got a Judgement issued against him but I still never received my money

keebs26uk:
I used money claim online once as a old boss never paid me £700. it went the full distance and he got a Judgement issued against him but I still never received my money

I’m willing to pay the £25 even if I don’t win, just to cause them abrogation now. They have held my final wage and intend to make my life difficult.

I shall endeavour to cause them problems until I get every penny I am owed.