Need advice. what should i do?

Agreed. If something is urgently needed then it will be accepted.

When the office ask you to make certain deadline, say “Yes, I will try” and leave it there. No need for shouting matches nor hysterics.
Try to do what you can, within the law and within what YOU think is safe.
But if it doesn`t meet to other’s expectations, then their expectations are probably at fault.

I accept that with years of experience behind us, Conor and I are more relaxed about it than a newcomer is likely to be, but stick with it.

yer I’m not about all that. more on the shy, quite side me. but I don’t mind a 5 minute chat like. I do tend to worry a bit more than most I think. but I definitely need to learn to take things a bit easier.
talking of safe, the job I left a little while ago, around a week or two before I left. one driver fell asleep behind the wheel and wrote the lorry off, pulled the back of the box off with a lamppost and the other driver was using the pump truck on the end of the tail lift, fell off and broke 3 or 6 ribs and something else.

When they contact you with “What time are you going to get there” remember to respond in a manner like: “Well… according to what my sat nav is telling me right now… I’ll be there at ■■ hour” Never promise something you have no control over. It only takes two numpties to have a ding on the M62 and the world grinds to a halt.

Don’t rush into spending the money to move to class 1. Take time to decide if it is what you want and then go for it. You can earn pretty much the same in class 2 nowadays and if you’re not confident then take a little time to build that up first
Most people will help you if they can. If someone isn’t willing to help then move on, there are plenty about who remember what it was like being a newbie :slight_smile:

1 Like

Firstly something I tell young and new drivers and teach on my Driver CPC courses is don’t stress. As a lorry driver you are not paid to stress and worry so always try your best but if events beyond your control conspire against you and make you late it’s for the office to worry about not you. And the odd mistake on Tacho or anywhere else isn’t a disaster.

Secondly C+E is far from all tramping. In fact these days wouldn’t surprise me if there are more non tramping jobs than tramping. I suggest being happy to move around till you find the job you’re after. Took me a fair few jobs until I found the one I’d always dreamed of, and when I got it it was every bit as amazing as I’d imagined. Do your own thing, find out what makes you happy, don’t listen to others.

Stick with it

Uh oh… Now you’ve done it. Preparing for derailment of original topic in 5… 4… 3… 2…

https://media.tenor.com/rzi8FRXDlRkAAAAC/south-park-mob.gif

OK, if anyone knows how to display the contents of a link directly without it showing as a URL, spill the beans please

that didn’t work i thought you hit the hyperlink button but it just posted the link twice sorry

Yeah, I faffed around with it yesterday, trying all the options, but we seem to have lost the ability to “place inline” as was the case previously

sorry my bad i tried something that didn’t work and then edited to comment the above i wasn’t commenting on your post

Sounds like a trunking job where you swap trailers and then drive back same night might appeal.

My mate does this. About three hours there, 2-4 hours waiting to offload and then drives back. He’s on a 4on/4off shift pattern which is supposed to be a compressed 48hr week but in reality often only does 10hr days mostly.

Even if he does end up doing 3-4 12hr shifts, he still has four days off after. Plenty of people do five 10-12hr days then only have two days off.

As someone has already said, sounds like night trunking is your gaff. One of the pallet companies, TPN or some such. We had lads who would turn up around 6-7pm and simply drive to the hub, unload, reload and back.

And no, trunking is not the same as tramping

Thank you lonewolf_yorks. absolutely spot there.
---- simply drive to the hub, unload, reload and back. ----- how many trips back and fourth would they do in a shift? and would they do this same run everyday or would they mix it up daily/weekly e.t.c? cheers.

Our lot did the same run every night. Just the one.

Generally the number of trips per night is dictated by the locations of the hub and the local depot. We would do 2 trips into London or 1 run up to Brum.

4 on 4 off nights is a guaranteed way to trash your body clock if you try to make it 4 nights on 4 days off.

Explain How CF:
How 4 on 4 off nights is a guaranteed way to trash your body clock ■■

Can’t wait to see this… :smile:

indeed

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Have you ever worked permanent nights ?.If you have you wouldn’t need to ask the question.

Permanent nights for years CF.
4 years of which were 2 months on 2 months off