Naughty Stobbie

Franglais:
It is outside my normal field…thats usually covered in grass…but the rules on (in)divisible loads changed several year back I believe.
You can now carry buckets on the same vehicle as a heavy digger, or the wheels and bar with a combine harvester. Once upon a time they had to have a second vehicle, but not now.

True, but that still doesn’t mean you can exceed the MGW of the vehicle. Hence this case.

Looks like there’s a STGO on the front corner of the unit but cant see what grade.

Am i correct in thinking you need a suitably upgraded vehicle, upgraded trailer, “appropriate training” and a movement order for STGO?

WhiteTruckMan:

Franglais:

Radar19:

yourhavingalarf:
If…

That thing weighs around 35 tons then surely it shouldn’t have been loaded in the first place?

It does make you wonder. Why send a tri-axle for something like this?

Can`t see what make that trl is but Broshuis make
broshuis.com/home/producten … lader.html
a tri axle extender on air with a 38 Ton payload. Hydraulic suspension 41 ton capacity on a tri trailer.
It is an indivisable load after all, whole different ballgame, although no apparent STGO markings on unit?

But I don’t think it is indivisible. If I understand the link supplied by Franglais correctly then there’s potentially up to about 13 tons of detachable weight hanging off the back.

Abnormal indivisible loads are classed as something along the lines of taking quite a lot of work to divide it further…the loads I move could be stripped down further but are not as so much work so transported as they are

trevHCS:
Looks like there’s a STGO on the front corner of the unit but cant see what grade.

Am i correct in thinking you need a suitably upgraded vehicle, upgraded trailer, “appropriate training” and a movement order for STGO?

Not sure of heavy haulage but we have one unit running stgo cat 1 for extra width (14ft 1 and over) all we had to do was upgrade the tax on the unit (costs around 3k per year) no trailers were upgraded (still had an old 2 axle on it at the time) and no driver training of any sort. Yes a movement order is required but we have those for every load we do anyway.

trevHCS:

Yes,yes, no and yes

chaversdad:

trevHCS:

Yes,yes, no and yes

Don’t you mean ‘maybe’, ‘maybe’, No, yes. Upgrading etc wouldn’t be required for abloads that are just oversized - not all oversized are also overweight, accepting extended lights may be required but that’s not really an upgrade.

WhiteTruckMan:

Franglais:
Grove 3060?
If so, about 35 tons gross, with 24 tons of that on the rear two axles.
cranemarket.com/specification-2078

Interesting, and thanks for that. Live and learn…

But other things I noticed are

1. it’s a wet day

2. It’s a Scania with a (very dragging) tag axle.

With all that weight on the trailer axles, the first right angle turn or mini roundabout must have been a real interesting time for the driver! :laughing:

h
Dam sight better than pulling it with a very straight on pusher axle 6x2 !!

Acorn:

chaversdad:

trevHCS:

Yes,yes, no and yes

Don’t you mean ‘maybe’, ‘maybe’, No, yes. Upgrading etc wouldn’t be required for abloads that are just oversized - not all oversized are also overweight, accepting extended lights may be required but that’s not really an upgrade.

The post is about Stgo , and the truck being overloaded, thats what i was commenting on

commercialmotor.com/news/co … egulations

Like a Toucan, they now have a big bill