Myers Transport, Aylesford, Kent

Another of Madrid’s finest joins the fleet…

Bolina rd brings back memories i worked for a waist company there ,dad had a pub near Deptford Park good memories thow grew up in that area

knowall:
Another of Madrid’s finest joins the fleet…

Nice bit of kit.

bjd:
Bolina rd brings back memories i worked for a waist company there ,dad had a pub near Deptford Park good memories thow grew up in that area

Don’t know what I done there. bjd was it in Trundleys rd ?

New 01.03.17

New to fleet

Blue 65 (1).png

Hi Tony,
looks a very smart addition to the your fleet, the colours go well together, cheers Alan.

First new XF 530’s added to fleet 01.03.18

NEEW XF 530.png

Yes that blue with orange livery is outstanding, all your fleet looks good. Seeing you run both new MAN and also DAF 530,what’s your opinion of them in comparison with each other.

knowall:
First new XF 530’s added to fleet 01.03.18

Hi Tony,
your Fleet is looking very smart ever in the snow, cheers Alan.

sorry OzzyHugh - belated answer, I’ve been on holiday.

The DAF’s in my honest opinion are a far superior product - I’ve 30 of them and sell them at three years old, around 420k kms - with routine maintenance we hardly do anything else. Not the best on fuel, but not to far behind, especially the 530 engine

Regarding the MAN’s I’ve 440 / 480 Euro 5’s and 440 / 480 / 500 / 520 / 560 / 580 Euro 6’s - 32 trucks but a bit of a mixed bag. All decent trucks though, but pricey when they go wrong outside of warranty. Not so well built as the DAF’s. The new 500 Euro 6c engine is brilliant on fuel, the 580 would pull a house down

G’Day Knowall

Thanks for your reply - it’s much what I thought you’d say.

A pal of mine out here in Australia asked my opinion, thinking that as a Pom during my working life I’d have an input n European trucks - however I was only a TIR trailer operator through the '70’s and '80’s. He has run MAN here, particularly big H.P. models but thinking of DAF’s now, mileages are huge.

What you’ve said seems to be general opinion of DAF’s. - back in my day when first on the market in UK they were square fronted models, a couple of traction subbies had DAF 2600/2800’s I think they were.

By the way, although we never had any business contact I remember your firm in East London, Balina/Bolina Road or similar, good to see how you’ve evolved and survived through the years, not many of the " London " operators have ? Again, smart fleet and nicely liveried, not overdone to overkill or overpriced.

Hugh

You have a cracking fleet and your website is good too.

Thanks Blueovalcraig, always. Nice to get a compliment, we try our best.

The website is due an overhaul actually, haven’t put any new pics on for some time.

K

knowall:
Thanks Blueovalcraig, always. Nice to get a compliment, we try our best.

The website is due an overhaul actually, haven’t put any new pics on for some time.

K

IIRC was there not a BJ MYERS in the 80s running tilts out of Dover, Im sure they had grey scanias ect blue writing, Are you the same■■?

One and the same! 50 years in business this year

Two of three new MAN TGX XXL 640 hip tractors added recently, GB68 MGL, UK68 MGL and GB68 GBL

knowall:
One and the same! 50 years in business this year

Thats nice to know, you may have forgotten this maybe never knew , What happended to my set of palms and a trailerboard I lent to one of your new boys at Dover who had to pick up a Mazarios trailer, He had nothing, he was keen though, He promised to leave them at the M&S shipping office when he returned. I shipped out later that week to Greece, Never saw your boy or my tackle again.
Now with inflation plus interest over at least 30 years how much is a set of palms plus a trailerboard with lenses and lead now■■?

Happy days.

knowall:
33Two of three new MAN TGX XXL 640 hip tractors added recently, GB68 MGL, UK68 MGL and GB68 GBL

Hi Tony,
love both of the liveries they look very smart, credit to you all, cheers Alan.