My Journey - Theory - C - C+E = Job

good luck wills with your class2 , i passed my class 1 6 weeks ago and there aint a feeling like it, just one little tip though for when your having your lessons, be prepared to have a real crappy day where nothing you do is right, i think it happens to everyone,and dont let it fail your confidence, i had my crap day one day before my test and when the next day arrived i was ■■■■■■■■ it,thinking if i drive like i drove yesterday ive got no chance, i passed with 3 minor marks.
just go for it buddy :smiley:

oh and by the, villa were lucky on sunday :imp: :imp: :smiley:

Villa were lucky,BLUES didn’t turn up :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:
all the best

gav:
i had my crap day one day before my test and when the next day arrived i was ■■■■■■■■ it,thinking if i drive like i drove yesterday ive got no chance

I had a similar experience on the morning of the test, I also managed a pass later that afternoon though.

i had my crap day one day before my test and when the next day arrived i was ■■■■■■■■ it,thinking if i drive like i drove yesterday ive got no chance

Exactly the same on my class two - sure I would mess it up, and on the test sure I had done and failed in the first 2 minutes. “Gave Up” and just drove like I had nothing to lose since I was sure in my head I had failed and passed … … …

G

Thanx for all the tips every1, its all very helpfull indeed :smiley: As i said earlier just cant wait to get started now.

ps

Its gonna be squeezy BUM time B4 the test so I’ll be asking for some more tips on how you cope with that from some of you Blooooooose fans on here

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: only joking thanx all

Wills

theres not a lot you can do wills mate about the nerves,if anything it proberly helps to be abit nervous as it stops you being over confident and ■■■■■■■ up, arrgghh ive just called a villa fan “mate” must go scrub myself :smiley: :smiley:

gav:
arrgghh ive just called a villa fan “mate” must go scrub myself :smiley: :smiley:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: absolute quality :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

good luck you CAN do it! If all those drivers you see on the road can do it, then so can you too!

Some days are rubbish, but on balance you will have more good than bad, and then in a years time when you can reverse into a position that will have you in a cold sweat now, well what can I say, the sense of acheivement is brill :smiley:

CBR_SI:
good luck you CAN do it! If all those drivers you see on the road can do it, then so can you too!

and then in a years time when you can reverse into a position that will have you in a cold sweat now, well what can I say, the sense of acheivement is brill :smiley:

Thanx CBR_SI

That’s what I kept thinking 2 myself everytime 1 of you Guys drove past me today coming back from Ikea :open_mouth:

On the reversing @ the moment all I can say is " I hope that 1 day I’ll reverse into 1 of those positions that’ll have other car drivers Shaking there head in amazement, like I do now @ you guys now "

Good luck for tomorrow Wills & be sure to post on here & let us know how you got on.

1st Lesson…

Well it went quite well :open_mouth: , was a bit dissaponted not get to get the Box truck instead got the Flat back.

Once I got in the drivers seat ( I lost the toss but convinced the other Guy 2 let me go 1st :smiley: ) It was no wear near as bad as I expected to be.

A few problems with the Gear changing 4-5 6-4, but I expect to iron that out with more hours in the vehicle.

Hit one kerb early on :unamused: but soon got the hang of th positioning required.
The other guys positioning was not good especially on islands ( taxi driver me thinx :smiley: ) but his gear changing was smoother.

We then went to a truck stop to do the reversing exercise and emergency stop.

NOW I know how you judge the back of your vehicle :sunglasses: little mark on side of trailer to line up with target in drivers mirror, simple but very effective.

Loved it, both of us seemed to get the hang of this straight away, but I wont get carried away with that just yet.

Then on to the emergency STOP…

Now when the instructor did it I thought we were gonna end up through the windscreen :open_mouth: and that 20mph seemed like 50 to me :laughing:

The only problem I had with this after stopping was that I kept going to put the Truck into neutrul before applying the Handbrake ? which I thought was the correct procedure…obviously not?

Back on to the road, gear changing getting slightly better, note to self must pay attention to signs- turned into a road and the instructor asked me what the sign was telling me :open_mouth:

I hadn’t got a clue :unamused: then there was the next sign Low Bridge was high enough for my vehicle But just goes to show how Mistakes can be made.

Then we changed over for the final run back to base, instructor told me it was to sort other guys positioning out :slight_smile:

Well he got better… then on the last island before home Fox’s lane wolves, we were heading towards the narrow train bridge Instructor telling him to slow and be aware of oncoming traffic…

Yes you guessed it to fast another vehicle already coming through, Im braced for impact into side of bridge but somehow apart from banging up kirb not even a scratch on the nearside mirror :open_mouth:

Think we both learned a lot from that.

Back home all in 1 piece phewwwwww, the instructor hats off to him, mad as a hatter but very good. ( apart from he wasn’t the kind of person you’d want to use to try and recruit people into becoming Truckers - he seemed to me anyway as talking it down as a job what have you :confused: )

Anyways I asked what I need be aware of, and he told i’ve “Got to sort out coasting” and as I said earlier " Handbrake " on emergency Stop.

But I am not naive enough to expect that just to be it just yet.

Myself -

1 happy that. I AM taking the course
2. I DO still want both liscences
3. It’s a Bloody lot of money for 2 1/2 hrs driving
4. Glad I didnt pay Clearstone etc more money to send me to the same place
5 CANT WAIT TILL TOMORROW

wills:
Then on to the emergency STOP…

Now when the instructor did it I thought we were gonna end up through the windscreen :open_mouth:

I am surprised by this. It’s not an emergency stop as you would do in the car test but a braking exercise. A safe, controlled stop is what they are after, if you brake too hard you put yourself at the risk of failure (which is what happened to my fellow trainee on test day)

This is what I thought, I did’nt brake this hard , he did say you are looking to stop with the cones half way down the side of the vehicle?

I will clarify this with him

wills:
, he did say you are looking to stop with the cones half way down the side of the vehicle?

I’ve heard that as well, although at 20mph it’s achievable without any really hard braking.

yeah it is half way down the wagon,well i know it is on a bendy test anyway, on my test it was lashing down with rain so he didnt want to see me standing on the brakes and skidding,just make it feel smooth and you will be fine
good luck even though u surport villa :sunglasses: :smiley:

My instructor told me to do it so you stop with the cones inline with the back axle!

gav:
good luck even though u surport villa :sunglasses: :smiley:

Cheers Gav, ps aint much to shout about supporting the Villa, let alone any Midland side @ the mo is there oh well :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Good luck Wills…!!! Just be calm and be safe and everything else will just follow!!

yep if youre examiner feels like he’s about to go throught the screen chances are you will fail.

I dont think there is any real hard and fast rule as to where the cones should be when you stop. So long as you stop fairly quickly and smoothly and under control. Main thing is dont take the ■■■■, if you end up stopping with the cone 30 yards behind the truck that would be mickey taking! :laughing: