My first ever day as a C+E driver!

dar1976:
An excellent read LJA and glad it has all gone smootly :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: .

Hopefully this week coming will be somewhat less stressful as you start to get to grips with it all.

Looks like you have a great job there.

Keep up the good work.

PS, next time you in Sedgemoor services, pop in for coffee as I am only just off J22 M5 lol

Thanks Dean,

Now if I had known there was free coffee availableā€¦ :laughing:

Thatā€™s a good read LJA

You obviously enjoyed the week in-spite of the problems later in the week :wink:

I take it VOSA never said anything about the dash table youā€™ve got in the cab, or wasnā€™t it set-up when you got pulled in ?

The reason I ask is because there was reports of people getting done for having tables on the dash, obscuring the vision in the path of the windscreen wiper, Iā€™ve no idea whether they were true or just bull[zb] though.

tachograph:
Thatā€™s a good read LJA

Thanks! :smiley:

tachograph:
You obviously enjoyed the week in-spite of the problems later in the week :wink:

Yes mate I did. All went just about as well as I could have hoped for really. :sunglasses: And hey, I was still getting paid by the hour, so sitting around relaxing in my cab wasnā€™t a real problem for me! :smiley:

tachograph:
I take it VOSA never said anything about the dash table youā€™ve got in the cab, or wasnā€™t it set-up when you got pulled in ?

The reason I ask is because there was reports of people getting done for having tables on the dash, obscuring the vision in the path of the windscreen wiper, Iā€™ve no idea whether they were true or just bull[zb] though.

No mate they didnā€™t say anything about that. They are more concerned with really important stuff like insecure loads, crap brakes & loads that are heavier than they should be etc. In fact, at one point when I was sitting in the chaps office drinking a mug of tea, ( :laughing: ) I overheard him talking to a police officer who had just pulled in a driver with a slightly cracked windscreen. The VOSA chap told the police officer that they donā€™t really bother too much these days with cracked windscreens and to let him on his way, unless it is a really bad one that actually obstructs the drivers view of the road he wasnā€™t interested.

Good read matey, glad it all turned out ok :slight_smile:

KiLty:
Good read matey, glad it all turned out ok :slight_smile:

Thanks mate! :sunglasses:

Cor what a week matey :smiley: see i knew that you had a blanket somwere on board the truck to keep her nice and warm at night ā€¦ :smiley: . I bet You ****your self when the Vosa pulled you in I know i would have on my 1st week :open_mouth: at least you and the unit had a clean bill of health mate . :smiley: .
best of luck for next week regards Roy

YAMBOL57:
Cor what a week matey :smiley: see i knew that you had a blanket somwere on board the truck to keep her nice and warm at night ā€¦ :smiley: . I bet You ****your self when the Vosa pulled you in I know i would have on my 1st week :open_mouth: at least you and the unit had a clean bill of health mate . :smiley: .
best of luck for next week regards Roy

Hehe. Cheers Roy! :smiley:

Yeah, to quote somebody else on this forum recently, ā€œmy arse resembled a wizards sleeveā€ when I first saw them lights flashing!! :open_mouth:

really enjoyed your diary for your first week so glad the vosa interuption wasnt so bad :wink: i must admit im the same if I ever see vosa around , never been stopped as of yet but suppose its only a matter of time ! you say your off up to the scottish borders this week if its northumberland your heading the countryside around there is beautiful so wack up them tunes and enjoy , all the best for this week

Jen x

Jennie:
really enjoyed your diary for your first week so glad the vosa interuption wasnt so bad :wink: i must admit im the same if I ever see vosa around , never been stopped as of yet but suppose its only a matter of time ! you say your off up to the scottish borders this week if its northumberland your heading the countryside around there is beautiful so wack up them tunes and enjoy , all the best for this week

Jen x

Thanks for the comments Jen!

Yeah, I was indeed going to Northumberland, but also the otherside of the Scottish borders at Dumfries. I started the day off delivering at a quarry in Dumfries and was then also taking more equipment for the same company over to another one of their quarries in Northumberland. What a day that was!!! :unamused: (See my new thread later! :smiley: )

Any more news on your progress?

unfortunatly had a bit of setback , the place i normally work have changed priority on the agency they use so the agency Im with is not the first they ring anymore, so my hgv work has dropped a bit , they are still asking for me when they can , ive had a word with the tm there to see if I cando the driving for one of the artic runs normal guy in pass seat me driving , obviously wont get payed for that but as a one off i thought the experience might be valuable also if do get in difficulty then the reg driver there with me to help out , they are just looking into the insurance, as I wont be payed not sure if insured but we will see,
but Im a patient gal and my chance will come :wink:

read the other thread your certainly being tested eh , but glad your enjoying it you`ll be an old hand soon nothing will faze you :wink:

jen x

Jennie:
unfortunatly had a bit of setback , the place i normally work have changed priority on the agency they use so the agency Im with is not the first they ring anymore, so my hgv work has dropped a bit , they are still asking for me when they can , ive had a word with the tm there to see if I cando the driving for one of the artic runs normal guy in pass seat me driving , obviously wont get payed for that but as a one off i thought the experience might be valuable also if do get in difficulty then the reg driver there with me to help out , they are just looking into the insurance, as I wont be payed not sure if insured but we will see,
but Im a patient gal and my chance will come :wink:

Ah, sorry to hear that Jen. I think it would be a great idea (if you donā€™t mind going out on runs with the other drivers unpaid) to learn as many of the runs as possible that the company do. Then if one day a driver doesnā€™t turn up, you would be the ideal candidate as you will know it! :sunglasses: Would it make a difference if you registered with that other agency as well? (Your usual agency neednā€™t know either). Just a thought.

Jennie:
read the other thread your certainly being tested eh , but glad your enjoying it you`ll be an old hand soon nothing will faze you :wink:

jen x

Yeah, I certainly am being tested, but I can tell you that it certainly isnā€™t boring and I do secretly enjoy the challenge it is currently providing me! :slight_smile:

Hope you get something sorted soon. Keep plugging away mate! :smiley: