My driving youtube videos

I can see your video’s, to be honest hours of road in real time isn’t really that exciting, some great tunes though. :wink:
Maybe you should get some editing software, you’re obviously the shy and retiring type, :open_mouth: so unlike Switchlogic you don’t want to appear in front of the camera, maybe you could take some inspiration from a former driver and T/net members videos.

Most of the time I go down the a15, it’s dark so I see nothing. The times I go down there in daylight, I’m driving so see nothing apart from the road. There’s supposed to be some smashing scenery round there, I did actually stop the truck in the middle of the road near Kirton Lindsay (a15 closed) just to look out the window. Cars behind me weren’t too impressed!

Get the cameras pointing out the window and fix the vids so they play.

Captain Caveman 76:
Most of the time I go down the a15, it’s dark so I see nothing. The times I go down there in daylight, I’m driving so see nothing apart from the road. There’s supposed to be some smashing scenery round there, I did actually stop the truck in the middle of the road near Kirton Lindsay (a15 closed) just to look out the window. Cars behind me weren’t too impressed!

Get the cameras pointing out the window and fix the vids so they play.

Great scenery on those roads, I love them. The videos do play but not on some devices because of the music. You can view them on some mobile devices and all laptops.

muckles:
I can see your video’s, to be honest hours of road in real time isn’t really that exciting, some great tunes though. :wink:
Maybe you should get some editing software, you’re obviously the shy and retiring type, :open_mouth: so unlike Switchlogic you don’t want to appear in front of the camera, maybe you could take some inspiration from a former driver and T/net members videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iv95YKVePzo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YziFTZNYF4c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NS_e1ULU9p0

Excellent stuff, certainly some great ideas found. I will give it a whirl.

UKtramp:

muckles:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iv95YKVePzo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YziFTZNYF4c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NS_e1ULU9p0

Excellent stuff, certainly some great ideas found. I will give it a whirl.

If you get anywhere near those, they’ll be worth watching. :smiley:

muckles:
If you get anywhere near those, they’ll be worth watching. :smiley:

I didn’t do mine for any other reason than for a few of my mates to see, got to say those you posted are very professional, however I am a creative person so I am sure I can do something on a similar line.

UKtramp:

AndieHyde:
Played on my Galaxy S5 no problem.
Great music score, however, I dont think it will be long before Youtube pings it and takes the sound track down.
On a constuctive note, the single point of view gets old real quick so maybe gets some more cameras and a bit of editing, like approaching a roundabout, put in some side views. Rear view of overtaking, that sort of thing.
How about a behind the driver view, working all the controls.

Who knows, maybe a severed lego head with an atitude problem!!!

I am [zb] with editing to be honest. Who knows I may do some more and get a bit better with the editing, I will learn more what people want with proper critique like yours. Thanks for the sensible suggestions. I have just noticed my hand in the reflection of the windscreen where you can see me operating the gears, perhaps a camera showing that too making it clearer?

Running down the M180 on a rainy Tueday is always going to be a tough sell, most boring bit of tarmac ever.
Going over the Humber Bridge listening to Nirvana and Radiohead takes me back to around 1993 which makes me feel old, and I dont like that.

You may be camera shy, and thats OK.
Luke on the other hand, and no offence intended in any way, is the other way around. Too much of him as apposed to the job he his doing where as your videos are just focused on the view from the windscreen.

The best one I have seen recently, and maybe fired up on nostalga for myself was a guy who took time off the motorway to visit the old bailey bridge over the Corinth canal in Greece. When I did Greece, there was no motorway.
Down to earth sort of chap who clearly liked what he was about and took the time to share his experiences. Someone must have seen this guy, please dont make me go through my internet history. I dont think I will be able to walk again after!!!

AndieHyde:
Luke on the other hand, and no offence intended in any way, is the other way around. Too much of him as apposed to the job he his doing where as your videos are just focused on the view from the windscreen.

The best one I have seen recently, and maybe fired up on nostalga for myself was a guy who took time off the motorway to visit the old bailey bridge over the Corinth canal in Greece. When I did Greece, there was no motorway.
Down to earth sort of chap who clearly liked what he was about and took the time to share his experiences. Someone must have seen this guy, please dont make me go through my internet history. I dont think I will be able to walk again after!!!

Peter Owens. He’s like the opposite of me. I don’t think anyone has ever called me down to earth… :wink:

AndieHyde:
Running down the M180 on a rainy Tueday is always going to be a tough sell, most boring bit of tarmac ever.
Going over the Humber Bridge listening to Nirvana and Radiohead takes me back to around 1993 which makes me feel old, and I dont like that.

Andie I think your talking of Peter Owens who I loved to watch too when he was making videos. I cannot stress enough that these few that I did was not to gain a subscriber base or to interest anyone other than a few of my friends. The likes of Luke Vernon, Peter Owens & Mat Ireland who makes videos from Italy and other interesting places is a totally different thing, I could not compete with those if I tried. My work is boring to other drivers so my content was intended for someone who has never sat in a lorry and wondered why I do it. They did the job they was intended for. I may try some others and be a bit creative but that was not these videos.

I am not really into the Utube videos but a couple of Dutch guys,Guusontour and William De Zeeuw have done some good ones about travelling to the North of Scandinavia and Europé with some good commentary.Also Guus worked in Canada for a year.

UKtramp:

Colin_scottish:
Ive got a sumsung and an ipad and still cant see them what a shame :smiley:

Teerrible Colin, can’t you borrow someones laptop as I would hate you to miss out :smiley:

I could but mine is its at home and im in melksham today ill watch at the weekend.

Aye, after a quick search on youtube, thats the fella.
Bloody good watching too.

Who knows, maybe even an ex one like myself could be watching from across the globe.

Once a truck driver, always a truck driver.

hutpik:
I am not really into the Utube videos but a couple of Dutch guys,Guusontour and William De Zeeuw have done some good ones about travelling to the North of Scandinavia and Europé with some good commentary.Also Guus worked in Canada for a year.

This Belgian driver is brilliant to watch, he is the best on youtube by far. youtube.com/channel/UCCzZCA … nEBThIuzLQ