My boss called me a rude name!

AndrewG:

Freight Dog:

TiredAndEmotional:
Driver!

Worse than that. “Drive”! :laughing:

Maybe he called him the wrong name, like Barry or Bernard. That could be rude :laughing:

Yeah…why did so many miss the ‘r’ off… :confused:

Yeah normally the Police or gate staff. I figured it’s a way of making a naff name even naffer :laughing: :laughing:

Franglais:
I really dont believe you lot. Back in the day wed use our wrist to lock and unlock a door all the time. Never did me any harm.
You youngsters really are lazy.
I`ll bet you kids all have your thumb knuckles all worn out before us old skool drivers need a wrist transplant.

:wink:

Only by texting

once I went into our transport office and said I would have to defect the hire lorry I was given,when asked why I said it had strange handles on the doors and the windows were not electric,when I turned the handles the windows moved up and down,strange things,i was told basically to go forth and multiply,lol.

If your boss…who is presumably your line manager, behaves in any way that compromises your well being or your right to work in a reasonable environment ( that is free from abuse) then take a breath, sleep on it if necessary and then email him confirming the conversation that you had with him.
If after a while it becomes excessive then you will have a good record of what you have had to put up with…useful if you take them to a tribunal.
This isn’t the Victorian times and haulage employers will continue to suffer if they don’t get with the programme…that means going out of business if they don’t treat drivers with a basic degree of respect and show due care and diligence…

Heisenberrg:
If your boss…who is presumably your line manager, behaves in any way that compromises your well being or your right to work in a reasonable environment ( that is free from abuse) then take a breath, sleep on it if necessary and then email him confirming the conversation that you had with him.
If after a while it becomes excessive then you will have a good record of what you have had to put up with…useful if you take them to a tribunal.
This isn’t the Victorian times and haulage employers will continue to suffer if they don’t get with the programme…that means going out of business if they don’t treat drivers with a basic degree of respect and show due care and diligence…

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
:unamused:

Shocking stuff, I recently VOR’d my own truck when the night heater broke.

If it’s fitted it should be working end of and a failure of the remote central licking could be the start of something more serious and lead to massive brake failures etc…

Unsurprisingly I can help in the wrist department as I’m a slave to my own ‘Tommy tankers cramp’.
I’ve found switching wrists can help although I gave myself a ‘lefty’ the other night and it felt very weird, struggled to get up to speed to be fair and kept slipping off the sweet spot but with practice I should be able to get my natural rythum going.

Dipper_Dave:
Shocking stuff, I recently VOR’d my own truck when the night heater broke.

If it’s fitted it should be working end of and a failure of the remote central licking could be the start of something more serious and lead to massive brake failures etc…

Unsurprisingly I can help in the wrist department as I’m a slave to my own ‘Tommy tankers cramp’.
I’ve found switching wrists can help although I gave myself a ‘lefty’ the other night and it felt very weird, struggled to get up to speed to be fair and kept slipping off the sweet spot but with practice I should be able to get my natural rythum going.

From central licking to left handed J. Arthurs… :grimacing:

Freight Dog:
Go on then. What name did he call you? :laughing:

A professional driver. I pointed out that we’re only “professional drivers” when things go wrong, he suggested we’re only “professional drivers” when we want something!

I actually have a good relationship with the office, so this was all just in banter. Unlike the driver who defected a truck because the USB port wouldn’t recognise his device.

Professional sausage makers again eh?

It’s so sad that a USB isn’t compatible. An old school driver would have turned the Up Sided Bag the right way up and emptied his sack.

Wheel Nut:

It’s so sad that a USB isn’t compatible. An old school driver would have turned the Up Sided Bag the right way up and emptied his sack.

:open_mouth:
Bloody hell, I though Dipper Dave had returned!

Captain Caveman 76:

Wheel Nut:

:open_mouth:
Bloody hell, I though Dipper Dave had returned!

Look back 4 comments and you will see he has, but still spouting a load of crap though !! :slight_smile:

Posting has got to be a wind up from someone with time on his hands waiting at some RDC.
It cannot be a serious posting.
IF it is serious, had it been me as your Boss I would said leave the motor where it is,we will try and get it repaired at some point,but in the mean time go home and think about your future with us,as your inability to turn a key suggests your not able to perform your duties properly.

One of these is required . Hopefully its strong enough to use .
https://www.knex.com/knex-education-real-bridge-building-set

lolipop:
Posting has got to be a wind up from someone with time on his hands waiting at some RDC.
It cannot be a serious posting.
IF it is serious, had it been me as your Boss I would said leave the motor where it is,we will try and get it repaired at some point,but in the mean time go home and think about your future with us,as your inability to turn a key suggests your not able to perform your duties properly.

antonine-education.co.uk/Im … 0motor.jpg

One of my old bosses would take you in his back room of the office.after calling you a C.U. next tuesday and sort any problems a driver may have :smiley: i too believe this is a wind up, no driver would refuse to take a truck out because the remote door lock doesnt work…FFS… but gave us all a laugh.

I’m waiting for the video of thumb on disfunctional remote and the part two of the door being manually unlocked/locked.

Then a still picture of the op standing in front of the said truck with his arms folded and a face on him like the before part of a headache advert.

Can’t wait.