My back yard.

Shamelessly stolen from Oily.

youtu.be/uvkvFCzh-bg

Thanks Oily, it’s definitely worth a second run.

youtu.be/N072VXkJym4

youtu.be/7BsmB0CzIUs

youtu.be/_GJg7LwEa2A

In all my years living in a railway village70%of village men and women employed of the railway my DAD and BROTHER both steam fitters ,also my lapsed interest in steam i have never seen a configuration of driving wheels ever like that not many firsts left but that is one i first thought the engine was called a austerity.model.

PDB, Garratts had multiple driving axles of low weight, to allow access to light lines.
They were popular in Australia, New Zealand and Africa.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garratt

Thank you star,i have never read information about a engine before was interesting ,i may well have seen one as around 1962 i was on a ship that delivered a train engine to SINGAPORE , I well remember as it was the first time i had seen a jumbo heavy lift derrick rigged ,by the mate and bosun ,also all the shore lines were manned as the ship moved towards the quay with the weight exchange with extra fenders between ship and quay…DBP.

This tarp job pass muster, Dennis?
youtu.be/v9f4kFZhR9c

Hope you enjoy this one Peggydeckboy.

youtu.be/-_meGR54FH4

youtu.be/8a49JKgBdso

The biggest flood in recorded history for the area.

youtu.be/hZHpy1YiQtM

:laughing: not quite the nirvana as portrayed, but better than many other places, immediately postwar.

youtu.be/JRhl2nCvCuM

We are the driest, inhabited continent on earth.

youtu.be/8kDw6ewwtjw

A global problem.

youtu.be/OrLFdx2Fs9A

youtu.be/iud_yqzRAes

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Legend of the '70s, they were good days. My personal best was 84½ ton payload on a single trailer.

HI STAR,A bit of a ■■■■ day here and i have been glued to the videos you have put up my favorite is the double manning to DARWIN if there was ever a job i would want it would be that ,organised ,no contact with the office,just get on with it,self catering ,brilliant, would they be on trip money or a one off fee.

One thing is puzzling me how on earth to they start off without a gear stick i have never heard of it ,years ago the Mercs had a smi auto but you still had a gear stick pre select ,no wonder they are not fatigued ,all auto please try to explain or is there something i can read…dbp

` Star ,just another question do you subscribe to all them videos you post up, as i have not subscribed to any i myself think it is a cheek ,they want to post what they are doing ,why charge for it ,we do not charge when anyone writes down their experiences it is like a type of publishing ,i do not get it.no one is asking them to put it out to the public ,just the same as us commenting, and answering other peoples posts what is the difference ?

Hi Vic, some automatics are controlled by buttons or rotary switches on the dash.
I subscribe to some YouTube channels, it costs nothing, but merely means when the poster releases a new video, it comes up in my feed. I can also click on Subscriptions and check for new content.

youtu.be/ciPAd3_3GAs

HI STAR,sorry forgot about Bullys, had a busy week,doing not a lot i was under the impression that once you clicked subscribe i thought you had to pay to see more of what you watching ,i will ty it next time ,as for the tankers what a job .dbp