Murray Hogg, Newcastle, Info Thanks

Adonis.:

Franglais:
If any company have employed several hundred drivers over the years, and never had a single female driver, then that may be circumstantial evidence of discrimination. Not proof in itself, true.
If an employer can discriminate against one group, then they could equally discriminate against others. Be it people of a different ■■■, or maybe someone the boss thinks is too old, or a member of a union, or someone who sticks up for themselves. If an employer gets away with discrimination in haulage shouldnt employers get away with it in other industries too? If a person is qualified and capable of doing the job, it shouldnt matter what the ■■■, age, religion, hair colour, etc of any candidate is. Maybe youre a boring beige coloured person with no distinguishing features, who has no female friends, but if youve anything about about you, why would you think its acceptable for any group to be badly treated? What if your daughter was refused a well paid job she has paid good money to train for, and wants to do because "shes a girl"? What if your son was refused a job training as a lawyer because his dad was a mere lorry driver? Prejudice comes in lots of different flavours, but all leave a nasty taste in the mouth.

Did you actually read my post?

Where did I say it’s acceptable for women to be discriminated against? I have no idea what you’re wittering on about with beige colours or what it has to do with the fact a woman didn’t get a job somewhere and has assumed it is because she is a woman, with no proof of that fact.

There is no proof that they discriminate, other than the word of an anonymous person who may or may not be female, may or may not have even applied there.

2 years ago you could say the same about my company, they didn’t have any female drivers. They had 1 apply and prang a motor on an assesment drive, she didn’t get the job, is that nasty discrimination?

Get over yourself, not everything is out to make women the poor victim.

A.

who actually says that the woman is a victim ■■? And for your info the member called animal is a woman so i think its maybe you that needs to get over yourself and take off those nethandaral glasses mate . And by the way the mentioned company arent exactly the bees knees either

Franglais:
On their website this morning:
murrayhogg.co.uk/index.php/job-vacancies

"We currently have vacancies for the following:

General Haulage

Class 1 & 2 LGV Operating out of Newcastle upon Tyne, Mexborough S Yorks. & Hull

Car Transporters

Class 1 LGV"
Whether or not their website is updated regularly I wouldn`t know. Says they have 120 employees, given there are 1.2% female LGV drivers in the UK, I think, it would be no surprise if there are no females currently there. Depending on the turnover of drivers it may be an anomaly if they have NEVER had a female driver?

This ad’s been up for an age…

Every time I’ve been looking around, it’s always there. Even back when I first got my Class 2 licence (10 years ago now), I applied for one of the class 2 jobs then.

Never heard a squeak - not even a ‘sorry no, not this time’ letter…

This post has been up since mid march but only now you decide to jump in with all the comments :unamused: :unamused: ah it is the school holidays again so you are bored & then decided to take a look on here oh well they will soon be over

But yep I am female have been in the transport industry for over 20 years now I kind of here things see thing that go on there are a lot of companies up here that do employ us women drivers there are some that don’t

FYI I didn’t get offered an assessment drive

blue estate:
My firm had a 23 year old girl start last September on class2 Katie now drives class 1 and still loves the job and she’s very much part of the team and one of the boys , none of us men at my place are cave men or stuck in the Victorian era as regards to women drivers
But hey my firm is on the south coast and not the far north east which still seems to be stuck in 19th century

Oi! What’s with this anti caveman discrimination! Just because some of us ARE cavemen, doesn’t mean WE are prejudiced!

Didn’t even know this thread would end up like this either…

Goldfinger:

“If you dont know where youre going,
you`ll end up someplace else”
Yogi Berra.

Reckon he could have been describing any thread on TNUK ?

Franglais:

Goldfinger:

Yogi Berra.

So take a picnic basket! :grimacing:

Evil8Beezle:

Franglais:

Goldfinger:

Yogi Berra.

So take a picnic basket! :grimacing:

In not seeing where this was heading did I make a Boo Boo?

Sorry. :blush:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: