Mortgage advice

ckm1981:
Speak the RBS about the “help to buy” scheme that the government are running,they are a part of that.
With the scheme you only have to pay a 5% deposit as the government act as a guarantor to the bank on the rest,the banks are not allowed to “sell” the help to buy scheme to you,you have to ask them about it.
Personally I’d book an appointment with a RBS morg advisor in branch which will be free and let them explain it all to you.

Btw,some people advised to avoid morg advisors by this they mean independent financial advisors not morg advisors who work for the bank,they are two completely different things.

Cheers for help , I’ve been told it’s a right ball ache but worth it in the end lol

Smoggie89:

ckm1981:
Speak the RBS about the “help to buy” scheme that the government are running,they are a part of that.
With the scheme you only have to pay a 5% deposit as the government act as a guarantor to the bank on the rest,the banks are not allowed to “sell” the help to buy scheme to you,you have to ask them about it.
Personally I’d book an appointment with a RBS morg advisor in branch which will be free and let them explain it all to you.

Btw,some people advised to avoid morg advisors by this they mean independent financial advisors not morg advisors who work for the bank,they are two completely different things.

Cheers for help , I’ve been told it’s a right ball ache but worth it in the end lol

In a way it is,mainly because solicitors done work in days they work in weeks,you’ll ring them Monday morning to ask them something and rather than tell you to ring back tommorow or Wednesday they will say ring back next week lol.
It’s definitely worth it,I owned my first house at 18,paid 26k for it sold it for 46k,bought another for 70k sold that last year for 105k just moved into a new build that will be my last move unless something happens out of my control,
But in between selling my last house and buying this we rented for 6 months because the new build wasn’t finished and I hated the thought of the £575pm we were paying in rent was dead money going into the landlords pocket.
I do disagree slightly with someone else’s statement on here to not take holidays ect and spend all spare cash on overpaying on the morg to get it paid off earlier,you still have to enjoy life whilst we are young too,paying off your morg at aged 55 rather than 60 to me wouldn’t be a preference over enjoying holidays,nice cars in my younger days as we all know we are only in this earth once so we need to try and enjoy it…wow that got a bit philosophical for a Sunday :blush:

ckm1981:

Smoggie89:

ckm1981:

In a way it is,mainly because solicitors done work in days they work in weeks,you’ll ring them Monday morning to ask them something and rather than tell you to ring back tommorow or Wednesday they will say ring back next week lol.
It’s definitely worth it,I owned my first house at 18,paid 26k for it sold it for 46k,bought another for 70k sold that last year for 105k just moved into a new build that will be my last move unless something happens out of my control,
But in between selling my last house and buying this we rented for 6 months because the new build wasn’t finished and I hated the thought of the £575pm we were paying in rent was dead money going into the landlords pocket.
I do disagree slightly with someone else’s statement on here to not take holidays ect and spend all spare cash on overpaying on the morg to get it paid off earlier,you still have to enjoy life whilst we are young too,paying off your morg at aged 55 rather than 60 to me wouldn’t be a preference over enjoying holidays,nice cars in my younger days as we all know we are only in this earth once so we need to try and enjoy it…wow that got a bit philosophical for a Sunday :blush:

Haha I wish mortgages where a lot simpler , get too confusing at times !!