Morrisons Store Deliveries?

^^^ i must have worked with several of his bloody clones over the years then.

If you paid 'em a grand a week to lie in bed it would still be wrong, all they ever did was moan endlessly about everything you could think of, if you spotted one walking across the yard in your direction your heart would sink into depression in anticipation of the coming diatribe about all that what wrong with the perfectly good job of the time and how hard done by he was, i ended up at the same place as one of the prime examples of the type 3 times on full time and again came across him some years later when i was on agency for a period, never changed a bit, a permanent cloud of doom hung over him :unamused: , managed £75k’s worth of damage in two years alone and still not sacked :smiling_imp:

All depends on what your doing now,if your Agency,out of work, it might be just the job your looking for or it might not,never know unless you try.
For example when I did Agency after being made redundant, I was sent to Argos Magna Park did Agency for two years and got took on never looked back,stayed with them for 18 years until I retired.

yorkshire terrier:
Wish I could get on direct at a supermarket,
Every time Iv applied Iv either not got a look in or offered a completely ridiculous shift pattern that I know I wouldn’t be able to hack.
I’m an early morning person and last time I got offered asda it was 2pm starts 8 full weekends out of ten :open_mouth:
Would love a bash at morrisons too but Wakefield rdc never seems to recruit and has just been taken on by wincanton so I will watch and see if any vacancies come up

Should have took the Asda job even with that shift pattern as eventually you’d have got what you wanted it’s just the matter of keeping your head down and biding your time.

18 months or so ago working for Morrison’s was one of the last great Full Time positions. There wasn’t much in it from depot to depot and only Bridgwater (DHL) and Bellshill (XPO) were 3PL. You didn’t touch the load and weren’t asked to do anything ridiculous duty wise.

It’s now very different. Wincanton have taken over all the Northern sites and you have to dodge all the horrendous rigid multidrop stuff like Mccolls and BP Garages they took on when Palmer & Harvey went breasts up.

The old artic work working directly for Morrison’s = Great

Everything else = Avoid

I went for the morrisons job being told that it was “two 'til two”'. I asked beforehand if that meant 14:00-02:00 and got told “Yes, the more unpopular of our weekabout pattern”.

So there’s me thinking I could go in there and bag myself a rotate at first, and then a permalate swap with my “set mate” - only to be told it’s solid 02:00-14:00 for the first six months, as other more senior drivers - had bagged what I was chasing already.

:frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

The job I was applying for, was no longer the 12ph as advertized neither. It was more like £9.60, because you needed to do the late shift to get the better money. :unamused:

One day, a friendly shift pattern will come along on agency, and I’ll go back full time again.
Until that day comes though, agency suits me fine.

Bearing in mind that I LIKE working nights and weekends - I’m kinda surprised that I’ve not got job offers falling all over me already. I do get the occasional job offer (without having applied for it…) BUT it is always for a shift pattern I DON’T want, such as “Any five from seven Ultra Earlies or Flat Lates”.

Like the proberbial photographer who’d posted his negatives to Boots… I’d have to say
“One day my Prints will come”.

If I compromised, I’d end up being stuck in a job I hate for years and years, hoping to be made redundant again… :unamused: :unamused:

4x10-12 hrs shifts including a sunday night. - My holy grail shift pattern! (“Extra Shift” Overtime available every week that way…)
The last full time job I took in 2015 - started me on a 12 hour shift starting on Sunday afternoon, and then Monday-Thursday of of 6pm-2am, making for a 48 hour week - but over 5 shifts. Close, but no cigar next time around. :arrow_right: The overtime was doing multidrops every other friday, before drying up completely when P&H went ■■■■-up, and the place was flooded out with C2 drivers from there as well. :unamused: :unamused:

bald bloke:

yorkshire terrier:
Wish I could get on direct at a supermarket,
Every time Iv applied Iv either not got a look in or offered a completely ridiculous shift pattern that I know I wouldn’t be able to hack.
I’m an early morning person and last time I got offered asda it was 2pm starts 8 full weekends out of ten :open_mouth:
Would love a bash at morrisons too but Wakefield rdc never seems to recruit and has just been taken on by wincanton so I will watch and see if any vacancies come up

Should have took the Asda job even with that shift pattern as eventually you’d have got what you wanted it’s just the matter of keeping your head down and biding your time.

I thought long and hard about it but deep down I knew I wouldn’t last a week at it,I’m an early morning person,I like to start at 3-4am but not just that the thought of going to work every weekend at 2pm and leaving my wife and 2 young kids was really what made my mind up and the bloke at asda said they was a waiting list for shift changes.
This was an an xdc site I understand cdc site are better shift patterns but every time I apply there I seem to get overlooked and they don’t advertise regular

It’s different for each RDC, but if it’s Sittingbourne you’re going for I doubt they’ll let you go, they’re gagging for drivers due to the majority of drivers leaving/walking out.