More HGV carnage on the road!

Star down under.:

Carryfast:
Which leaves the issue of the crash safety of cab over design v conventional bonneted type.The bit extra aggro in maneouvering is arguably worth having the protection of the angine chassis and bonnet out front taking the impact.

Nothing like having a tonne or more of hot, diesel drenched cast iron and alloy on your lap.
Normal control trucks are no more crashworthy than cab overs.

‘‘Cab overs’’ ?
‘’‘Conventionals’'?.. :smiley:
Is he speaking from experience here?
Just wondering how many ‘‘CONVENTIONALS’’ London council had when CF was still driving,? :smiley:
I’m thinking more like TKs and Ford D series, and not a ‘PETE’ or a ‘JIMMY’ in sight :smiley: .
Also I would imagine all rigids…so not even pulling a ‘SEMI’ :smiley:

I reckon CF has been watching too many re.runs of ‘‘Convoy’’ over the weekend. :unamused:
Let them truckers roll…10 4. :laughing:

robroy:

Star down under.:

Carryfast:
Which leaves the issue of the crash safety of cab over design v conventional bonneted type.The bit extra aggro in maneouvering is arguably worth having the protection of the angine chassis and bonnet out front taking the impact.

Nothing like having a tonne or more of hot, diesel drenched cast iron and alloy on your lap.
Normal control trucks are no more crashworthy than cab overs.

‘‘Cab overs’’ ?
‘’‘Conventionals’'?.. :smiley:
Is he speaking from experience here?
Just wondering how many ‘‘CONVENTIONALS’’ London council had when CF was still driving,? :smiley:
I’m thinking more like TKs and Ford D series, and not a ‘PETE’ or a ‘JIMMY’ in sight :smiley: .
Also I would imagine all rigids…so not even pulling a ‘SEMI’ :smiley:

I reckon CF has been watching too many re.runs of ‘‘Convoy’’ over the weekend. :unamused:
Let them truckers roll…10 4. :laughing:

Ironically Surrey County Council isn’t a London Council and Bedford TJ and Leyland WF tippers and Maggie Deutz gritters were all conventionals not cab overs.If I’d have been in the habit of driving into the back of stopped artics I’d have preferred to be driving any of those than a TK or a plastic cabbed Foden S85.

peterm:
Jake. Don’t let it go to your head, but I for one agree with you.

Me and my mrs went from Bribie Island to Morayfield in the rain for a new exhaust. On the way back we got on to the highway and less than 20 seconds later, saw a semi skid form lane 1 all the way across to lane 3 and hit the central guard rail as he jack knifed it, ending up across lanes 1&2. Semi drivers over here are just as likely to be up your clacker over here as they are over there. This happened as the speed limit went from 100 to 80 because of roadworks. Guess what caused it.

Sad to hear it’s the same down under peterm. Thanfully since I retired I don’t have to witness it so much these days. I hear from relatives things are just as bad in the UK and here in Holland I rarely have to travel by motorway so my blood doesn’t boil so often. :wink:

trevHCS:

toonsy:
The driver of the one rear ended is from my depot.

How they doing? The focus is always on the one seriously injured, but your fellow driver was likely first to see what happened behind and that can really screw you up long term.

I dont know mate, nobody will know until he gets back to work. One of the absolute pleasures of my place as privacy is absolutely sacrosanct.

Unlike my old place where someone can clip a post 300 miles away and by the time they’re back in the yard they’ve had a t2 car pile up via various leaks and chinese whispers.

To add some background the vehicle was at the back of slowing down traffic and got rear ended and propelled into the vehicle in front.

EE