More H&S bollo

The past three weeks I’ve had a job transporting stuff from Amazon to a depot near Heathrow, and for the first time in ages the fork lift driver at the company I deliver to will give me a lift up into the back of the trailer on their forks. Most places won’t do that anymore as it’s been banned on supposed H&S grounds – I find it a lot safer than jumping off the back of a trailer onto the ground and I prefer it to sitting on a wet, dirty trailer floor and jumping off that; and I can decide what’s safe for me, thanks/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So having been ret.many yrs[thank god] when I was working] I did lot of f/bed work paper,pulp,plaster board,steel.
Am I to take it that these materials no longer go on f/bed trs.and if they are how are they secured,r/s straps,etc without driver climbing on trl.
Another point I have is regarding baled waste paper.If when commencing unloading to customers premises when pulling sheets off they snag on the banding wires how does one free the sheet without climbing on load,i await your replies,thank you.
regards dave.

nick2008:
In fairness to the forklift driver he’s only doing what he’s been told.
I think the H&S rules state if your working more than a mt above ground a fixed barrier or fall arrest system is to be in place.
It’s not about insurance it’s about safety.
You put your seatbelt on don’t you ? And why ?
It’s been proven to save lives that’s why. The same as most things
PREVENTION is better and cheaper than cure.

By this post and your last one mate, it sounds as if ‘‘they’’ have got to you and that you fully embrace all this crap.
Say what you like, I still think it’s ■■■■■■■■. :neutral_face:

I’m a grown up, I’m old enough to decide for myself what is safe for me and what is not, and have managed quite well up to now thanks, I just endure these tossers as I have to.

I know accidents do happen but I aint a gangly inept ham fisted bufoon by any means, and I would say there was at least a 99% + chance that I would NOT have fell off that trailer no matter how many times I got up there.

■■■■ does happen granted, but that’s life imo, and I prefer to live in real world rather than ott H&S world, but if you love it mate, fill yer boots…(but make sure they are steel toe capped :smiley: )

Health ans safety are two words that raise my blood pressure,
Remember at a B&Q site once been told I had to stand out in the driver “safe” aera which was a painted yellow square,it was raining and no cover.
I said why and the bloke said health and safety,I said it may be safe but it’s no good for my health getting soaked is it…
A manager came down and couldn’t see my point,but backed down when I started fastening the curtains up…
We need safe working systems but not all this rubbish we are getting now, :imp:

I got told I couldn’t climb in truck when I was in a building site, I explained I needed to otherwise I can’t reel in the hose and later got a call from the boss saying they were trying to ban us from site due to H&S reasons.

Was told ages ago…

There’re been many more accidents since we started drowning in this H&S drivel…

Some say it was because everyone was thinking more about the H&S rules as they’re working, rather than staying safe in the first place as they’re working… :confused:

AndrewG:
Yet more totally unnecessary H&S bollox. The whole of the UK seems weighed down with this crap, surprised anything ever gets done. Rebuilding a tilt without the aid of a forkie would be a pita, just glad the H&S nazis are not over here. Whatever is it coming to when you cant even stand on the back of your own trailer, what possible harm are you going to come to?? :confused:

None, unless you’re away with the fairies or a blind buffoon.

I find it hilarious how I am allowed clamber all over piles of broken wood with many tons of unsecured loose wood of various sizes and shapes perched above me, holding themselves with their own weight, unscrew a pillar and unsettle said wood and be stood a few feet away from a shovel pushing it off but in some places I can’t be trusted to push a brush down a trailer or untangle a strap.

I’ve noticed the less health and safety around at a place, the happier the staff are and the better things work.

A.

The farcical thing is that we are not allowed to do so many things on the grounds of H&S, you can’t stand near the trailer, you have to walk 200 yards to get to a toilet 30 feet away and so on, I’m surprised we are actually allowed to take a lorry on the public roads.

Fincham:
The farcical thing is that we are not allowed to do so many things on the grounds of H&S, you can’t stand near the trailer, you have to walk 200 yards to get to a toilet 30 feet away and so on, I’m surprised we are actually allowed to take a lorry on the public roads.

As for having to hand in your keys and cant even sit in your own truck on some loading bays, wtf is that all about as well? Having to sit in a little room because as an experienced driver you cant be trusted with your own property?
The naziesque implementation of the boots/hi viz and hard hat bs has spiralled out of control in the UK and the type that enforce this are also the ones who will go along with the fallacy that speed kills ect, another load of complete ballcocks… :unamused:

nick2008:
In fairness to the forklift driver he’s only doing what he’s been told.
I think the H&S rules state if your working more than a mt above ground a fixed barrier or fall arrest system is to be in place.
It’s not about insurance it’s about safety.
You put your seatbelt on don’t you ? And why ?
It’s been proven to save lives that’s why. The same as most things
PREVENTION is better and cheaper than cure.

The H&S brainwashing at its best…

AndrewG:

Fincham:

As for having to hand in your keys and cant even sit in your own truck on some loading bays, wtf is that all about as well? Having to sit in a little room because as an experienced driver you cant be trusted with your own property?
The naziesque implementation of the boots/hi viz and hard hat bs has spiralled out of control in the UK and the type that enforce this are also the ones who will go along with the fallacy that speed kills ect, another load of complete ballcocks… :unamused:

The problems are that now H&S comes before common sense instead of the other way round and the H&S squad have to keep finding more and more hazards to justify their existence.

What ■■■■■■ me off is when you go into these places, and it’s this rule for this, that rule for that, I have so much Hi-Viz on that I can be seen from space, while the RDC’s ‘shunting dept.’ are flying around like they are trying to break the lap record at Brands ■■■■ ing Hatch !! That ■■■■■■ me off.

Sincerely,

Angry in London.

Travis Perkins are the best with their ‘Stop’ sign on a chain they put in front of your windscreen, how ■■■■ twee is that. :smiley:
Then they tell you to put your hard hat on, and you look around and you are the only one wearing one, …they have a drivers only hard hat policy…wtf is that all about. :unamused:

Tell him he is a w****r next time [WHITE SMILING FACE]️

robroy:
Travis Perkins are the best with their ‘Stop’ sign on a chain they put in front of your windscreen, how [zb] twee is that. :smiley:
Then they tell you to put your hard hat on, and you look around and you are the only one wearing one, …they have a drivers only hard hat policy…wtf is that all about. :unamused:

Yeah Coca-Cola do that too, except it’s on a 8ft pole bolted to a pallet and the forkie brings it, and takes your keys while they load. They seem to forget that my own H&S procedures resulted in me arriving at their depot successfully…

robroy:
Travis Perkins are the best with their ‘Stop’ sign on a chain they put in front of your windscreen, how [zb] twee is that. :smiley:

You’re only a stupid driver, the pen pushing pleb who came up with that has a degree in tofu brewing and an ill fitting suit, making him much more qualified to know what PPE is needed for such a hazardous environment.

Have you seen their walk round routine?

Its all done on a PDA type system where each individual thing is timed and they need to take photos and document it all. Several minutes looking at lights, utterly mind numbing. I can’t ever imagine myself working for a company as obsessed about trivial pish as they are.

A.

Londontrucker123:

robroy:

Yeah Coca-Cola do that too, except it’s on a 8ft pole bolted to a pallet and the forkie brings it, and takes your keys while they load. They seem to forget that my own H&S procedures resulted in me arriving at their depot successfully…

Id hand my keys over only on the condition he handed me the keys to his house…

hello Roy we go to places that we have to wear a hard hat with a chin strap when we go on the back of trailer , of course when falling we must go head first

AndrewG:

Londontrucker123:

robroy:

Id hand my keys over only on the condition he handed me the keys to his house…

You need some keys from a scrap yard ,that’s what I give in for the shower key .

Not allowed to load our grab out of Gill Mill quarry because of their sheeting rules for trucks above 7.5t. I can’t strap a flysheet over the load because I’d need to climb onto the body, which is what I also need to do to raise the crane or level the load off.
This sheeting stuff is all ■■■■■■■■, many sites now wont let you take muck away without sheeting, it wont blow off if it’s loaded properly.