MODEL TRUCKS

Long time ago, promiss i to build the MWT from Collett.
Well her the result.

Hi all thought I’d post a few of the models I’ve done, just started building models this year the first one a model of Pat Duffys Scania 143 6x4 which is still working today

Next is a Volvo F12 that I used to drive for Pat back in about 1984/5

And finally a model of my old F88 which I owned in about 1981 ive got a thing for the old F88 and 89’s
Just finished this one this week time to do a few trailers me thinks !
Regards Jimski

great looking models there jimski, the 88 looks the dog’s, where did you buy the kit from?, i would like to get hold of one myself.

scaniia141:
great looking models there jimski, the 88 looks the dog’s, where did you buy the kit from?, i would like to get hold of one myself.

You can buy the resin transkit here at KFS, but you also need an Italeri/Revell volvo plastic kit for the chassis.

kitformservices.com

If you do get one and build it, dont forget to add some pics here of it,

Good luck

Hi TC Trans,Tony hope your well mate ! Did you get the email last week??
The car you asked about in that pic is an Oldsmobile Delta 88. , and no didn’t buy cos it said 88 ! :laughing: :laughing:
Regards Jimski

scaniia141:

Thanks Scaniia141 there was a little help on the 88 decals which include the stripes were done by Alex Parkin.

Regards Jimski

tc trans:

scaniia141:

You can buy the resin transkit here at KFS, but you also need an Italeri/Revell volvo plastic kit for the chassis.

kitformservices.com

If you do get one and build it, dont forget to add some pics here of it,

Good luck

thank’s for the info TC, much appreciated.

Hi all , got a trailer done now :laughing: Southampton based company but no longer going !

But for which tractor■■? :unamused:

Regards Jimski

hi jim, the F12 looks the part with the tilt one thing though, are the drive axle hubs on the original motor the same colour as the chassis?..nice build anyway mate :slight_smile:

nice one jim, your not hanging about with your build times, well done mate looks grand

Thanks for the kind comments, that’s not THE tilt Tony it’s one I started a while ago and stopped to do the 88 that tilt will be a tandem spread .
Hi Wirrelpete I thought about that mate when I was building it would have looked better red I suppose, as for the original so long ago mate can’t remember and can’t tell from pics, might do red now you’ve picked it up.

Regards Jimski

Lovely job on the F88!

Hi all thanks Wolfie, still learning tho ,R Jimski

This is a 1/24 scale model of the truck my dad used to drive for Tolemans in the late 80`s

Hi all, nice work stretch I remember Tolemans when I was on for Star car transporters in Southampton in the very late 70s they also pulled out of the Isle of Sheppey.Honda’s if remember rightly.nice model !
Regards Jimski

well the merc is nearly finished, started using the airbrush for weathering and have test fitted the decals being made for me by ron johnston…pete

Hi all, this is what’s on the bench at the mo… Can you tell what it is yet :unamused:

Regards Jimski

This was my latest build. Almost done. It was based on one of NY recovery of Kents trucks, I combined a Kenworth K100 tractor unit kit with a Peterbilt wrecker plus a few alterations and an extra scratchbuilt locker section to get the length looking right.
Neil.

Nice wrecker Mechanic77 lot of work gone into that mate, nice work!!
Regards Jimski

Jimski:
Nice wrecker Mechanic77 lot of work gone into that mate, nice work!!
Regards Jimski

Thankyou, its the biggest single model I’ve done. I even bought a bigger workmat because it was too long for my usual one.
Neil.