Moaning ¿*#¥s

Wheel Nut:
Corporate anything goes right to the top, unlike this driver or his rep does apparently :stuck_out_tongue:

Drums of pun for Wheelnut…Bum tish. :laughing:

dessy:
How many on here get full-pay when off sick? I say sue if you fall because your employer shows little concern for the workforce unless they actually are working! :grimacing:

It’s not been an issue for me yet as I haven’t had a sick day in 6 years. Although the average person in my company has at least 4 a year, weird that :s

dessy:
How many on here get full-pay when off sick? I say sue if you fall because your employer shows little concern for the workforce unless they actually are working! :grimacing:

I get full pay for 20 weeks a year that’s for 8 years service when I started I got nothing. If I were to make it to 15 years I would get 36 weeks full pay a year which is the maximum.

wildfire:
if you have a good machine driver should be no need to climb on the load

I always blade the load across the tipper; Patting it down is lazy, squashes the material increasing the chances of it sticking and puts strain on the chassis and springs. Some tippers have muck bodies and being shallow, shingle will always pile up above the sides. Using the corners of the bucket helps (I usually do 2 on the back, level it then 1 or 2 “corner bucketfulls” to the front then blade it over). I try to put about 11t on the rear of 8leggers as they all have rear axle loads of 18 or 19t.
See, not all shovel drivers are a-holes :smiley:

NewLad:

dessy:

I get full pay for 20 weeks a year that’s for 8 years service when I started I got nothing. If I were to make it to 15 years I would get 36 weeks full pay a year which is the maximum.

Name and shame the rest of the transport industry! :laughing:
Good Luck to you and deservedly so for loyal service! :wink:
But I reckon yours is an exception rather than the norm Newlad! :open_mouth:

ibson:

dessy:

It’s not been an issue for me yet as I haven’t had a sick day in 6 years. Although the average person in my company has at least 4 a year, weird that :s

I worked for a what I considered a good firm a few years ago who I had to threaten to sue for injury at work just to get paid when off for a fortnight with a badly twisted ankle! The following year we all gobsmacked to see the company update the contract to include full weekly pay for unto 4 weeks a year! :slight_smile:

I know council staff and Police officers who took liberties collecting sick for months or years!

my old firm used to have a home made security gate inside the main gate(just a steel girder that slotted into a post and a padlock through it),but you had to give it a good wack to get it open after padlock was removed if you arrived back after closing time,which was frequent back then,
my mate got back late one evening and went to kick it and missed,damaged ligaments in his leg(he is a clumsy ■■■■■■■ lol) and was off for a couple of months- they paid him his full wack every week he was off (and it was very good money ) even though we were self employed.cant fault them at all-i know he could have tried to claim,but if youre getting looked after why would you?
all in all a very good firm to work for (but not very H&S ,but that suits me unless i’m being asked to do anything thats obviously dangerous)