Missing from your truck

New style or old style accessories?
A “self destruction” button, or a gallon of full lead petrol with a box of Swan Vestas would be equally welcome.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

corij:
iv recently got obsessed with clipboards. and decent bulldog clips ,pens that write instantly and id like a dedicated space for it all to sit so i can read /write from it from my seat. possibly a swivel arm mount desk set up

years ago you could buy great clipboards but the current crop all bend when you press on them. iv had to make my own 1960s clipboard and am quite proud of it , managed to “age” it too

Get Bic crystals! Been using them for longer than I care to remember…DON’T buy the Bics with a pocket clip as curiously, they don’t write immediately! You have to scribble a bit to get them working. You’ll thank me for this! :grimacing:

corij:
. you try buying an old style one online, not easy

No you’re alright thanks :laughing: :wink:

Joking aside I know what you mean about them being soft backed. But was curious about the ageing bit. :laughing:

For a truck in general, I would love a microwave but would have to be one of those expensive ones that fits in the locker. Couldn’t be arsed trying to move around it all time. Would give me so many more options for making food/drink and no ■■■■■■■ about washing pans, etc.

For the truck I currently drive, a DAF. I would like window up/down next to the bunk, and night heater temperature that can be changed from drivers seat without leaning round.

A DAB radio and a coffee percolator would make my life better

corij:
iv recently got obsessed with clipboards. and decent bulldog clips ,pens that write instantly and id like a dedicated space for it all to sit so i can read /write from it from my seat. possibly a swivel arm mount desk set up

years ago you could buy great clipboards but the current crop all bend when you press on them. iv had to make my own 1960s clipboard and am quite proud of it , managed to “age” it too

For pens try Pentel Energel Gel pens (metal tip 0.7mm), they make writing a pleasure again, you’ll never use a ball point again.
note, they come with a protective tiny metal tip on the roller, flick this off before trying to use, obvious but easy to miss it and assume the thing’s faulty.

Freight Dog:

corij:

Joking aside I know what you mean about them being soft backed. But was curious about the ageing bit. :laughing:

aged it by spilling coffee on it . once that dried wiped oily rag and smear of red paint/blood , then dunted the edges . believe itll take 5 years tho to get authentic shiny finish to it . are you a clipboard man then? dont deny it if you are already planning on making one up- they sell the proper board in b n q

corij:

Freight Dog:

corij:

aged it by spilling coffee on it . once that dried wiped oily rag and smear of red paint/blood , then dunted the edges . believe itll take 5 years tho to get authentic shiny finish to it . are you a clipboard man then? dont deny it if you are already planning on making one up- they sell the proper board in b n q

No I can’t say I’m a clip board man :smiley: . I just used to have to buy them for work as my firm didn’t supply them in the job I do. I used to lose them all the time so was always buying the friggin things in Tesco. Luckily don’t have to anymore as next outfit weren’t quite so tight :laughing:

I’m not a clipboard man per se but seeing your excellent picture has piqued my interest so much that I’m considering starting a clipboard collection purely for fun at first, but with an eye on making it into a commercial venture at a later date perhaps incorporating some kind of “clipboards through the years” theme. I’m certain that an online shop would quickly follow, and after that, well the sky’s the limit.

the maoster:
I’m not a clipboard man per se but seeing your excellent picture has piqued my interest so much that I’m considering starting a clipboard collection purely for fun at first, but with an eye on making it into a commercial venture at a later date perhaps incorporating some kind of “clipboards through the years” theme. I’m certain that an online shop would quickly follow, and after that, well the sky’s the limit.

You could have themes, clipboards of WW2, clipboards in military service, austerity clipboards (only one clip?), 1960s postwar clipboards - the ■■■■ years.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: . Stationary moves me will be my logo.

Maoster that is really catchy! You should get that patented before someone nicks it off you !
Now where is that number for the patent office ■■ :grimacing: :grimacing:

I’m really good at them Pierrot, just the other week we were having a Thai meal just outside Nottingham when it occurred to me a great name for the place would be “Thai’d in Notts”. I should trademark that bad boy. :wink:

the maoster:
I’m really good at them Pierrot, just the other week we were having a Thai meal just outside Nottingham when it occurred to me a great name for the place would be “Thai’d in Notts”. I should trademark that bad boy. :wink:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Excellent !!!

Do you often come out with these ideas ?

Sadly not often enough to let me retire from the rat race! :smiley:

corij:
smear of…blood

Like a massive satellite delay…

…hang on. Say what. Blood?!! :laughing: . You smear your clip boards in blood? :laughing:

I’ve had too much trucknet this week :laughing:

the maoster:
Sadly not often enough to let me retire from the rat race! :smiley:

Seriously , I have a request for a name, not for me but the wife’s business , I’ll PM you if that’s OK? with ideas like yours, who knows.
edit:
Just thinking, we live in France, :unamused: :unamused: how good is your French for catchy names ■■ :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hardwired inverter as standard, I only use a little dc26 city Dyson, it’ll ■■■■ a golf ball through a hose pipe. The 12/24v vacs are pretty much useless in comparison…

pierrot 14:
how good is your French for catchy names ■■ :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Rudimentary at best. I can order a beer or get my face slapped by a lady in most European languages, but that’s about it :smiley:

Pm away my friend.

Freight Dog:

corij:
smear of…blood

Like a massive satellite delay…

…hang on. Say what. Blood?!! :laughing: . You smear your clip boards in blood? :laughing:

I’ve had too much trucknet this week :laughing:

its red paint but looks like blood. i guess i wanted it to look like its been thrown into someone in an argument. at the end of a heated exchange ,here take this you old furker . later when i picked it up off the yard floor i noticed it had his blood on it. and he still didnt sack me.

thats got me thinking,about living in a fantasy world. iv done that in the past. my ex wife really hated bees . i told her a chap was coming round to set one of his bee hives at the bottom of the garden. he had a purple Vauxhall. keep your eye out for it honey,hes not sure where our house is, tell him to put it right behind the shed can you