Mirrors! t''t!!!!

:laughing: yeah, a bra (or other female underwear :wink: ) should do it :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :laughing: I’ll speak to the mrs later…

:smiley: Just wanted to thank you all again, I seem to be getting there gradually - I know what to do and why and I’d say at least 60% of the time I get it right, I’m just ironing out creases now (I think).

I’ve come to the conclusion I should be booking it soon (so as to beat the v.a.t. increase), still considering my options as to where but hopefuly it’ll be very late december / early January, could do with passing this time - it’s getting to be an expensive game this :confused:

I used to find I was checking the mirrors so much trying to impress the instructor that I was a danger to what was in front of me.

Hope you got into your own routine with it…
I say to myself mirror, mirror, signal, mirror, mirror, shoulder… Starting to be natural now…

I’m getting there, albeit slowly :confused:

The major issue I had last time round was nerves, I’m not a very confident person at the best of times and just fell to pieces - I think to a certain extent that was down to the examiners I had being some of the most miserable, antisocial people I’ve ever come accross (even compared to some you meet at “goods in” :laughing: ).

Now,I know it sounds pathetic but I need to get this sorted one way or another so any advice is more than welcome - I’d even consider seeing a shrink / hypnotherapist if someone were to recommend it :unamused:

I’ve tried rescue remedy but to be honest didn’t notice a difference, having said that, I’ve recently read you should start taking it a fortnight or so before the test (or was that calms?).

darkseeker:
I think to a certain extent that was down to the examiners I had being some of the most miserable, antisocial people I’ve ever come accross

Then consider training & testing in another County - it may mean a few nights B&B though

I’ve already decided on that one Rog, If I find I’ve got the funding in order (think I have), I’ll be booking shortly and in a different county, no offence intended to my previous driving school :wink:

At the end of the day however, I must accept most of the “blame”, My lack of confidence has also had detrimental effects elsewhere in my life so getting it sorted properly would obviously be the ideal - hence the suggestion of seeing a shrink or similar.

When I was testing out of Weedon I had occasion to visit the examiners office to inform them of an over nervous trainee - that was with the permission of the trainee.
With this prior knowledge, the examiners were more understanding than ‘normal’ and made extra efforts to put the trainee at ease.
I remember one test that went on for 10 mins longer than normal because the examiner took more time for the above.

The examiners are not mind readers so informing them of a possible issue in advance does help.

thanks, I did try but as I said, I don’t think they were the most personable examiners out there :laughing:

The guy I had for the C asked how I was, when I responded by telling him I was “producing” bricks he smiled “so am I!” obviously he wasn’t but it’s a much friendlier approach. That was at Llantrisant, I’d consider doing the c+e there (as I can stay with my sister who lives nearby) but I’m not sure I fancy trying an artic round some of their test routs (on a test at least), it was tight in a rigid :laughing:

I have the solution to your mirror probs - just overtake THIS and proceed at a slow speed once overtaken :wink: :laughing: