Midlift, tag or double drive?

Has Carryfast took the bait yet ? :laughing: :laughing:

He’s not spotted this one yet!

Trev_H:
Has Carryfast took the bait yet ? :laughing: :laughing:

Just reading through this and was eagerly awaiting the Jimmy Saville fan club joining in…

Did I miss something, what is the job? By offroad do you mean landfill, or just the odd jaunt into a quarry, or even forestry roads.

Tippers I had a standard tag on 420 red spot/470 Scania.
Forestry I had a Volvo and a MAN both 420 I think, with tags that were set to lift to max height even fully loaded. Only got stuck twice…but both driver error from landing in a ditch!

try the foden 3002, its got a double drive tag axle with a steering mid lift.

It will lift the front up yes & You will get understeer the same as a double drive, dunno much about Scanias set up. I’ve had 3 A-rides two with hub-reduction on steel & one lightweight on air. If Your doing 10% off road they’ll be sweet for You, I’m driving a 6x4 at the moment & It does’nt do anything more than an A-ride at 40 tons or so.

Without over thinking, is your job delivering plant equipment by any chance? Seems to fit the bill.

Personally, I’d look at what the established businesses in it are already running and copy them, and in terms of delivering plant to sites, Double Drives seem to be the king.

double drive. very stable, very little chance of an axle overload, excellent traction in slippy conditions.
you can upgrade to STGO cat2 quite easily if the work came in.
my second choice would be a midlift, i can’t stand tag axles.

Whats a high powered truck? A mythical beast.

600 brake horse (not even horse power) pulling 44 tonnes works out at only 14 bhp/ton

Even 600 bhp just pulling a 7 ton tractor only comes out at 85 bhp /ton.

More go in a sick note.

Bking:
Whats a high powered truck? A mythical beast.

600 brake horse (not even horse power) pulling 44 tonnes works out at only 14 bhp/ton

Even 600 bhp just pulling a 7 ton tractor only comes out at 85 bhp /ton.

More go in a sick note.

if only we could couple up a sick note to a trailer, then we’d be laughing!

well seeing as 44t trucks generally have around 320bhp - 750bhp in standard trim, i don’t think many people struggled to work out i was on about something closer to the 750 side of things rather than the 320 end of the scale