Middle East in the 70's & 80's

davemackie:
I remember running with Tony on Priors,what was his surname now?
When shipping out of Dover he only used to have one of the fridge doors sealed,the left side on which closed first,so the other one could be opened anytime,and I also remember afternoon tea was quite enjoyable.

Do you mean Tony Meddins.

Dave.
[/quote]
That’s the man!A real laid back character,great to run with.

sinbin31:
The pic of Tony meddins and lets not forget his good lady, was taken by me on a very sad day at Pat seals funerall (R.I.P) Tony had .downed a few at this time hence the glazed look in his eyes.

Roger Haywood

Welcome back Roger.

mushroomman:

wiz:
Hi Steve,
I will have a word with my Dad to see if he a picture of Joe. Dad was never one for photo’s, never stopped driving by all accounts. When we went with him I remember driving for days non stop following that pipeline! I remember Joe for his Grimsby accent and the big scar on the top of his baldy head where he was asleep and he stuck to the inside of his side window at about -20 somewher in Germany I think. Dad had to put hot water on the outside of the window to defrost him. I will see what he has. I have a couple of photo’s of Dad’s trucks and one of him in the desert eating somewhere, I will dig them out and upload if I can.

Wiz

Hi Wiz, that sounds like The Joe 90 who I was thinking of although I thought that he came from Hull and it was a port wine birthmark on his forehead.

Jacdaw, the Middle East driver from Prestwich has now got me thinking :confused: he didn’t have a Greek / Cypriot name did he ?.

mushroomman,

Been wracking my brain and 2 out of the 3 were called Dave, the lad you ask about was a mechanic if that helps.
We were based in Jeddah moving loads out of the docks to various locations around Saudi.

Jakdaw:

mushroomman:

wiz:
Hi Steve,
I will have a word with my Dad to see if he a picture of Joe. Dad was never one for photo’s, never stopped driving by all accounts. When we went with him I remember driving for days non stop following that pipeline! I remember Joe for his Grimsby accent and the big scar on the top of his baldy head where he was asleep and he stuck to the inside of his side window at about -20 somewher in Germany I think. Dad had to put hot water on the outside of the window to defrost him. I will see what he has. I have a couple of photo’s of Dad’s trucks and one of him in the desert eating somewhere, I will dig them out and upload if I can.

Wiz

Hi Wiz, that sounds like The Joe 90 who I was thinking of although I thought that he came from Hull and it was a port wine birthmark on his forehead.

Jacdaw, the Middle East driver from Prestwich has now got me thinking :confused: he didn’t have a Greek / Cypriot name did he ?.

mushroomman,

Been wracking my brain and 2 out of the 3 were called Dave, the lad you ask about was a mechanic if that helps.
We were based in Jeddah moving loads out of the docks to various locations around Saudi.

The name Pete comes to mind. Oh to have a memory.

newmercman:

jj72:
The better quality Kit Kats were of course made in Halifax

Mytholmroyd?

Where Jean Luc Picard comes from :stuck_out_tongue: and that Patrick Stewart bloke :laughing:

Colin Johnson often looks in here allegedly

Joe 90 from Hull?

Grimsby accent, bloody wars have been fought over less :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:
Where Jean Luc Picard comes from :stuck_out_tongue: and that Patrick Stewart bloke :laughing:

Selby I believe?

bestbooties:

Wheel Nut:

Selby I believe?

Mirfield and trained to be an actor in Mytholmroyd according to the web :laughing: