Middle East book Roadtrip Ramatuelle ( Fred Archer`s)

@ Trubrit. I agree that a lot of “fun” does not have any thing to do with lorries. But there is a awful lot of law breaking, drinking,■■■ and violence connected to driving to the Middle East in this book. If the general public reads this they will think it is tipical. This must not be aloud. How many others had the motto: The jobs f****d, lets go on the p**s. ■■?

RICO:
But there is a awful lot of law breaking, drinking,■■■ and violence connected to driving to the Middle East

I sense that your tongue is firmly in your cheek, but it, along with any other long distance work, wasn’t a Sunday school outing

RICO:
How many others had the motto: The jobs f****d, lets go on the p**s. ■■?

Erm, just about everybody :laughing:

jj72:

RICO:
How many others had the motto: The jobs f****d, lets go on the p**s. ■■?

Erm, just about everybody :laughing:

Excellent… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

‘The jobs f****d, lets go on the p**s’

I remember that from the book.
And when everything went OK they changed it to:

"A good job, well done, lets go on the p**s’
LOL

To be honest,after reading this book I find the title a little misleading,and the book somewhat boring.
Most of the book is about the author’s ■■■■■■ exploits in the south of France,and not a full blown middle east tale as the title implies.

I did not find the book boring but I do object to the linking of explicit ■■■ with lorry driving. This is after the late Edward Stobart fought so hard to give lorrry drivers a good respectable image.

RICO:
I did not find the book boring but I do object to the linking of explicit ■■■ with lorry driving. This is after the late Edward Stobart fought so hard to give lorrry drivers a good respectable image.

I used to feel like that, to a point, people giving the industry a bad name and all that, but face facts, the public hate us, they always have, they always will, so ■■■■ em :wink:

Having read, and enjoyed, the book, I think you’ll find there’s a lot more ■■■ going on during the summer when the author wasn’t technically a lorry driver anyway, so it’s all good anyway :laughing:

I used to feel like that, to a point, people giving the industry a bad name and all that, but face facts, the public hate us, they always have, they always will, so [zb] em :wink:

They’re just bloody jealous!! :laughing:
Regards,
Mark.

@ NMM.Excuse me! The driver never wnt thro Rumania without having a woman.
I follow a lot of the canadian blogs. I ordered my book from the authors blg. I have read theNMM blog . It is very well written and very interesting. It show a very good image of lorrydriving in Canada and USA. So why are you defending this book?

RICO:
I follow a lot of the canadian blogs. I ordered my book from the authors blg. I have read theNMM blog . It is very well written and very interesting. It show a very good image of lorrydriving in Canada and USA. So why are you defending this book?

It’s called freedom, the same fredom you have to criticise it is the same we have to defend it.

I have some positive thoughts on this book. It has good descriptions and details. It has good structure and the stories have humour. But it leaves the reader thinhing that many british lorrydrivers turned into ■■■ crazed, drunken criminals when they left thse shores. Only the Astran driver new what to do and did the job properly.
I recently retrained as a lorrydriver after 30 years of working at builders merchants. It is awful to now be seen in leaque with the devil.

RICO:

I appreciate your comments about my blog :wink:

I’m defending the book for two reasons, one, I liked it, it was a pretty accurate representation of how things could be, I’ve witnessed drivers behaviour far more ‘loutish’ than that, secondly Chris is a mate of mine and I back my mates up :wink:

This literary criticism from Rico has certainly sold the book to me. I shall wait with bated breath and girded loins whilst the tome wings it’s way to me :stuck_out_tongue:

RICO:

Not many did.

Ben9:

RICO:

Not many did.

WOW!!! There was wimen in Romania■■? I need to keep my eyes open the next time im in lipova :laughing:

colin.f.whitetrans:

Ben9:

RICO:

Not many did.

WOW!!! There was wimen in Romania■■? I need to keep my eyes open the next time im in lipova :laughing:

Apparently so, but you would be wise to check the goods before purchase…meat and two veg often offends.

Ben9:

colin.f.whitetrans:

Ben9:

RICO:

Not many did.

Apparently so, but you would be wise to check the goods before purchase…meat and two veg often offends.

Never found those in Romania or Czech, plenty in Italy and the Ramblas though :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:

Ben9:

colin.f.whitetrans:

Ben9:

RICO:

Not many did.

Never found those in Romania or Czech, plenty in Italy and the Ramblas though :stuck_out_tongue:

I was running through there with somebody that nearly found this out I just sat back and laughed.