Microwave oven install

peirre:
the microwave of choice by many drivers, & the caravan community is the 240v Daewoo QT-1, as it`s compact enough to fit in a top locker, yet big enough to accommodate a full size plate

Yep, that’s the one for you, if you’re unfortunate enough to have an Actros with their crap cupboards. :unamused:
I found mine on Gumtree, bought it cheap from a guy in Bristol, still in the box.
A good little microwave.

O/p…Have you considered a slow cooker?
I would have one as well.as my microwave if I was still doing lots of nights out and weekending, fortunately those days have gone, 3 a week now, so m/wave and an evening meal in a pub is enough for me.

whisperingsmith:
As it’s a rigid you have the same goods chassis all the time, you could get the workshop to fit a chassis box on the left-hand side (presumably you’re running UK).

Then you’ve loads of room for chairs, picnic table, stove, food etc. even fridge/freezer - You Can ‘Live the Dream’

You’ve got a full size kitchen/diner get a double burner, nice table etc but be careful with bbq, they make the body smell, and when cooking some might think it’s on fire, Had many a meal/ gathering in the back of a rigid…

danbabirecki:
Hello. I’m starting a new tramping job next week and the one thing I’d like is a microwave oven…

I don’t use mine!

I prefer a gas burner or a meths storm cooker. I often cook in the back of the trailer and works well for me… cab whilst its cold and snow falling.

One question with this rigid would be what type it is as I’m not sure for example our DAFs would have any room for a microwave.

I assume you plan to install it in the top locker area if it comes with a higher cab (it’ll need to be properly fixed to somewhere)? Hope its one of the bigger ones as the only two rigids I’ve ever nighted out in didn’t have room for anything.

trevHCS:
One question with this rigid would be what type it is as I’m not sure for example our DAFs would have any room for a microwave.

I assume you plan to install it in the top locker area if it comes with a higher cab (it’ll need to be properly fixed to somewhere)? Hope its one of the bigger ones as the only two rigids I’ve ever nighted out in didn’t have room for anything.

A MAN rigid , if you take the useless cool box thing out if it’s not the proper fridge , then it will fit under the bunk in that slot
Actros rigid will sit under passengers seat

Sent from my truck

One of these you want