Mercedes-benz NG and SK's Trucks

electrovito:
Has anyone got any Tech specs for 1995 SK 2638.
I after the wheelbase total and from front axle to mid lift.

Basically this truck!

The reason I need the tech stuff is that I have bought one of those Tamiya 1838 arctic truck that is 1/14 scale.
I am going to get it modified so its the same with a lift axle and alloy tank.

So hopefully some one can help■■?

The White Merc sk in the photos is a 2538LS 6x2, not a 2638 which is the double drive 6x4 heavy duty tractor.
Which spec do you require ? :slight_smile: :neutral_face:

electrovito:
Has anyone got any Tech specs for 1995 SK 2638.
I after the wheelbase total and from front axle to mid lift.

Basically this truck!

The reason I need the tech stuff is that I have bought one of those Tamiya 1838 arctic truck that is 1/14 scale.
I am going to get it modified so its the same with a lift axle and alloy tank.

So hopefully some one can help■■?

Have you a registration number, I can look up the build spec from it.

N531LFE was the reg.
and correct it was a 6x2.

Ah! Is that what the ls stood for?
As it was a 6x2 which is what I am after.

The reg was N531LFE

Thanks

Mercedes 2538 spec sheet , this what your after ? :slight_smile:

Merc 2538LS

25 = 25 ton gvw for solo unit

38 = 380bhp

L = air suspension

S = tractor unit chassis

TDL102:

Do you work at Spachatts per chance in Sittingbourne?

I work at Mems and have seen the truck on your profile pic.
Keep meaning to have a look when I pick up and drop off our tankers.

Kev73:
Merc 2538LS

25 = 25 ton gvw for solo unit

38 = 380bhp

L = air suspension

S = tractor unit chassis

Ah cool!
Thank you!!

8LXBV8BRIAN:
Mercedes 2538 spec sheet , this what your after ? :slight_smile:

This is EXACTLY what I was after!!! Lol

Have you got the spec for a 6x4 equivalent? Or can anyone give me a reg to get them??

Thanks again.

Al

Spec sheet for Mercedes 2435S it has the same V8 engine as the 2538ls. :slight_smile: :neutral_face:

electrovito:

TDL102:

Do you work at Spachatts per chance in Sittingbourne?

I work at Mems and have seen the truck on your profile pic.
Keep meaning to have a look when I pick up and drop off our tankers.

Yes, I do,work at Sparshatts, the Avatar is a pic of our 1628.
MEMS have some well turned out trucks, always look good on the road.
And I love the big wheeled Land Rover Defender!!

Hi all here is a brand new 2538 ls.

8LXBV8BRIAN:
Spec sheet for Mercedes 2435S it has the same V8 engine as the 2538ls. :slight_smile: :neutral_face:

Thanks again.

Quite a bit of difference in wheel base…

TDL102:
Yes, I do,work at Sparshatts, the Avatar is a pic of our 1628.
MEMS have some well turned out trucks, always look good on the road.
And I love the big wheeled Land Rover Defender!!

Why thank you!!

We do have some cool toys!!

We have 6 of those Land rovers now.
They do about 60k miles a year. 50% of the time towing… Some of that off road! Hard workers!

Hence we have that 4x4 Atego tanker as well.

Al

pete 359:
Hi all here is a brand new 2538 ls.

Bless!
That’s an early one as it has the split fuel tank before they went for the cool alloy “L” shaped tank on the o/s.

I am blown away with how helpful everyone has been with my questions. Thank all again.

One last question!!!
Does anyone know if anyone has a 2538ls in the same style (chassis not cab as I have that covered)

Also if I could go and take some measurements and photos…

Failing that as many side shots of them as possible so I can figure it out.

Thanks again!!
Al

You may be lucky finding someone who still has one,but with the newest being
1996 on a P-reg AFAIAC,and with large numbers of contract lease buy backs
being sold for export many years ago,it may be a tall order!

but there must be the odd one hiding away somewhere :laughing:

electrovito:
I am blown away with how helpful everyone has been with my questions. Thank all again.

One last question!!!
Does anyone know if anyone has a 2538ls in the same style (chassis not cab as I have that covered)

Thanks again!!
Al

hi,
the 2538’s came out in 1993,i personally have never seen a factory mid lift.the m reg.joint motorways one new in my photo,was a twin steer,one of two 2538’s that joint ran,they also had two brand new 1838’s,they were l reg.the one in your picture is,i think? a mid-lift.my understanding is that all factory uk 6 wheeler tractors at that time were twin steers? though it wouldn’t be the first time i have been wrong :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
regards andrew.

8LXBV8BRIAN:

Sorry to contradict you but the '38, is not the same engine as the '35, both V8 true. The 35 engine was the 14.62 litre (128x142) unit first seen here normally aspirated in the 25 and 28 and turbocharged but not intercooled. The later 38 engine was the earlier 12.76 litre short stroke block (125x130) used in the 26 but had both turbochargers and intercooler. You could tell the difference when driving them, because whilst turbos and electronics gave a 38 more torque than a 26 could ever have dreamed of, and indeed more than a 35; when compared to the 14.62 litre engines of the 35, 44, 48, 50 or 53, the 38 always reved more freely, the engine note was a bit higher pitched and the exhaust brake less effective.

pete 359:

electrovito:

One last question!!!

Thanks again!!
Al

hi,
the 2538’s came out in 1993,i personally have never seen a factory mid lift.the m reg.joint motorways one new in my photo,was a twin steer,one of two 2538’s that joint ran,they also had two brand new 1838’s,they were l reg.the one in your picture is,i think? a mid-lift.my understanding is that all factory uk 6 wheeler tractors at that time were twin steers? though it wouldn’t be the first time i have been wrong :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
regards andrew.

From 1993 onwards the brochure and price list had both twin steer and mid-lift available in the UK, the twin steers were factory built where as the mid-lift (a Henderson axle with Mercedes hubs) was added here, usually at the Mercedes import centre at Wentworth Park. Some were done by dealers, but always using MB approved components and carrying full warranty. When Actros came along, the mid-lift became factory fit and the twinsteer was dropped on RHD chassis, you can still get a twinsteer Actros but only as a left ■■■■■■. Merc have never built a lift and steer middle axle.