maritime transport

they got a depot in manchester lol and leeds but they not interested in anyone outside the 45 mins , i would gladly travel down and stay down there for a lomth or two but they not interested

waynedl:

truckerone:
you can only get a job if you live within 45 mins of felixstowe ( thats what they told me when i phoned )

Bloody 'ell, I did well then from Manchester, but I do have a litre class motorbike…

Still not sure I could do Felix in 45 mins though, especially as I don’t think I’d do it on 1 tank of juice.

i was thinking of applying to maritime but don’t think ill bother

Like I said. I can’t place £100 a week in fuel untill I get my own unit. This is not what I was told would happen. The longest I’ve had a vehicle to myself is two days and then it’s been back home for me as it’s been used while the resident driver has been sick/holiday. The whole explanation as regards the docks being different was so the guy who originally asked the question could have an answer if he hadn’t done containers before. Tbh I was letting of a bit of steam. However, it’s not fitting in with my original intentions of going there. I cannot work where I don’t know from
One day to the next if I’ll be out or home.

REPLICANT:
Like I said. I can’t place £100 a week in fuel untill I get my own unit. This is not what I was told would happen. The longest I’ve had a vehicle to myself is two days and then it’s been back home for me as it’s been used while the resident driver has been sick/holiday. The whole explanation as regards the docks being different was so the guy who originally asked the question could have an answer if he hadn’t done containers before. Tbh I was letting of a bit of steam. However, it’s not fitting in with my original intentions of going there. I cannot work where I don’t know from
One day to the next if I’ll be out or home.

I may be wrong, but isn’t that ALL tramping jobs and most trucking jobs?

I agree with some of what you’re saying, just not all. I had the same, end of shift on a Friday night, make your way towards seaforth… didn’t have the hours to get there never mind swap boxes etc. Thought I’d be going home, but nope.

Another time, end of shift, get your gear out of the truck, it’s needed by a nightman, thanks for the warning, this is the end of a 15hr shift, literally minutes before my 15hrs is up and I’m expected to take all my gear out and get the truck ready for a nightman (who I don’t know, so not leaving anything valuable in).

Then the day I get sacked, I had no warning or anything, end of a 13hr shift, take your stuff out of vehicle because it’s going off fleet, so emptying truck, can I have a word when you’re done there, sure… And you can see what happened there by checking older threads.

So, trust me, I’m no Maritime preacher, but I will be honest about them, won’t slag them off out of spite or anything like that, but also won’t praise them, will just tell it as it is, hence my 1st post.

Think they should be called “Marmite” some like some don’t! :laughing:
Hang on! That sounds like Stobarts aswell! :open_mouth:
Only Trampers DO get their own wagon usually from the off! :wink: