Maritime/New passes info?

robroy:
Has the mention of DRIVER FACING CAMERAS (constant surveillance type) not put you off yet?? :open_mouth:
That would be enough for me to tell me what kind of firm they are and to avoid them like haemmeroids :bulb:

If your doing nothing wrong then you’ve got nothing to worry about and can forget it’s there :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Dashed good post old bean,you’re clearly a more evolved part of the trucking demographic,wish I could give some useful advice but something tells me you’ll find a way forward.Apart from 4 years with Maritime circa 1990s I found Hapag/lloyd contract was more my gig compared to APL which I started with,was more to my taste,way less demanding,and a good(at that time) planning team running me from Felixstowe turned out fine for me but I guess that’s all changed nowadays.

The notion of cameras in the cab is something I’m personally having issues with and I heard Maritime have a pointy shoe,who is employed exclusively to monitor drivers all day,every day which doesn’t float my particular frigate to put it mildly :imp: and would keep me from their clutches even if I had to starve in the dole queue to side step the horrors therein.

If your cool with all that I’d give em a punt,good kit obv,pay not too shabby,and who knows,you might influence the politics of the place and try and change it from within,especially if you manage to get John Williams personal mobile number somehow.He knows the realpolitics of the firms social dysfunctions but will back a driver up when lines are crossed as many an…ex :smiley: Maritimer could testify.

[emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

I wish [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Muchos Gracious for your input though Mr manalishi, and the name drop of Lloyd’s, I’ll look into them too as I’d forgot about them…

Mega appreciated [emoji41][emoji41]

Im going to broach them on Monday, see if I can’t wangle a way in between the fact their advertising for drivers, yet not specifically asking for experienced ones, and the fact they offer the driver improvement/training.

Maybe I can convince them not all new passes are worthless despite me spellingz and gramma bein off [emoji38]

Again huge thanks to all who’ve replied, and pm’d me and again any ops are very welcome as always [emoji106]

Right, off too mooch some other prospects see if I can’t find my golden egg and get some graft going [emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Benjie old bean you seem like an intelligent thoughtful youngish chap who wants to learn the job and do it well.

I suggest you should not therefore start with a company who have employed the less able, and clueless what to do about the resulting mayhem and wreckage (ie pay a decent rate and cherry pick lorry drivers from the dross, durrh) have instead decided as they usually do that the answer is a modern management one size fits all solution based on the lowest common denominator of numpty employed, so fitted driver facing cameras to keep an eye on their antics, immediately tarring all of their many decent drivers with the same brush as the ones that need watching but in reality should never have been employed in the first place :bulb:

Just sayin like

Juddian:
Benjie old bean you seem like an intelligent thoughtful youngish chap who wants to learn the job and do it well.

I suggest you should not therefore start with a company who have employed the less able, and clueless what to do about the resulting mayhem and wreckage (ie pay a decent rate and cherry pick lorry drivers from the dross, durrh) have instead decided as they usually do that the answer is a modern management one size fits all solution based on the lowest common denominator of numpty employed, so fitted driver facing cameras to keep an eye on their antics, immediately tarring all of their many decent drivers with the same brush as the ones that need watching but in reality should never have been employed in the first place :bulb:

Just sayin like

Much appreciated Mr J, I’m well aware of your seasoned knowledge so I’m much appreciative of your input [emoji41][emoji16]

Hahaha lol yeah I see the points raised extremely clearly, and again they are well on board here, and if I’m honest so far I’ve had a mixed response to them, BUT I have too say nothing TOO vile so here’s a little hope for me lol.

It’s just sadly as originally stated a case of being new and needing that foot in the door to the promised lands of 50k and a dream machine like the one I will lob a pic of up now… [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Im extremely greatful to stobarts for at least offering a job role, and if I could get what I’d like with regard to the mentoring, out of a local depot I’d take it but as yet its seeming near impossible with them to get that, which is not their fault in the slightest but I simply can’t allow myself 18hr days 6 days a week, it’s dangerous, I know only too well what fatigue can cause and I won’t be akin to it for a shilling extra over a week.

As said in other posts, I’d LOVE to get into a more niche market like heavy haul, or tanks but it seems doors are well closed thus far [emoji20]

Im gonna ping some mails to a local crane place see the score there as jobs are advertised so I never know hey, and mooch some of the more unusual work types too, but come Monday AM I need a Job as its been a truly long battle to get this licence, i wanna use it now is all.

Either way I’m in no doubt that I fully respect Maritimes approach, it’s just maybe how they issue it that’s a bit grinding for many… Maybe I’ll get onto their PR team and get it changed then, P45 will still be wet if I did… [emoji38][emoji38]

Alas, please find the attached pic of dream machine and obvious care for the job that as a hopeful noob Mr J I’d like to achieve, ideally next week lol if you know a way in to the promised lands… [emoji16][emoji38]

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk