Maritime/Elite Haulage Contract Driver Scheme

JonnyRage:
Right! Can of worms? Yes!

I am about to give you first hand advice of Maritime, and I have not doubt Elite are the same, They will sell you a truck and yes it will be a very well lokked after truck, trouble is you probably won’t get the best finance pakage so you will take the next best, Maritime will guarrentee you work for life, which they will forefill, problem is what they don’t tell you is that most weeks you will only earn enough to cover your costs with about £100-£200 spare which has to go towards any other problems like serving inspections any extra parts, you will be sentenced to a very slow a pian full business death unless you break free and find work elsewhere, I wouldn’t wish Maritime Transport on my worst enemy, oh and if you are wondering what my experince is? I brought a truck off them and have Subbied for them for two years, thats two years of my precious life flushed down the pan me friend, they prey on they ignorant and make you pay. It sounds like a nightmare and I can assure you it [zb] is STAY AWAY SAVE YOURSELF!!!

no they won’t, it is only for two years :wink:

as posted in another thread, as far as i know, Elite do not sell trucks or offer finance to new subbies

JonnyRage:
… and I have not doubt Elite are the same

Hardly an objective standpoint from which to ■■■■ a company so publicly, surely??

shuttlespanker:
as posted in another thread, as far as i know, Elite do not sell trucks or offer finance to new subbies

Correct.

JonnyRage:

I am about to give you first hand advice of Maritime, and I have not doubt Elite are the same, They will sell you a truck and yes it will be a very well lokked after truck, trouble is you probably won’t get the best finance pakage so you will take the next best, Maritime will guarrentee you work for life, which they will forefill, problem is what they don’t tell you is that most weeks you will only earn enough to cover your costs with about £100-£200 spare which has to go towards any other problems like serving inspections any extra parts, you will be sentenced to a very slow a pian full business death unless you break free and find work elsewhere, I wouldn’t wish Maritime Transport on my worst enemy, oh and if you are wondering what my experince is? I brought a truck off them and have Subbied for them for two years, thats two years of my precious life flushed down the pan me friend, they prey on they ignorant and make you pay. It sounds like a nightmare and I can assure you it [zb] is STAY AWAY SAVE YOURSELF!!!

Hi guys, I’m also new to the site and also thinking about sub contracting for Maritime/Elite. Just finished university and as there is not many jobs out there I thought to give it a try. Have enough money to buy about 4-5 years old tractor unit right away so I wouldn’t have to worry about finance repayments, which is a significant part of your expenses when you buy an 07 tractor from Maritime.
The idea is not to stay there for ever just to get me going and get so much needed understanding of the industry and business. And as long as I can earn £1500-2000 I’ll be happy.

Is it sensible thing to do?

To JonnyRage: did you include some sort of wage for yourself in your cost? If not how could you survive for two years?

Much appreciate your responses.

Just finished University and you want to become an OD on boxes :question: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:
All that “waccy baccy” has made you go bonkers,man :exclamation: :exclamation: :grimacing:

Big Truck:
Just finished University and you want to become an OD on boxes :question: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Beats working in McDonalds… :unamused:

leyland510:

Big Truck:

Are you sure?? :open_mouth: :wink:

steffann1:

JonnyRage:

Hi guys, I’m also new to the site and also thinking about sub contracting for Maritime/Elite. Just finished university and as there is not many jobs out there I thought to give it a try. Have enough money to buy about 4-5 years old tractor unit right away so I wouldn’t have to worry about finance repayments, which is a significant part of your expenses when you buy an 07 tractor from Maritime.
The idea is not to stay there for ever just to get me going and get so much needed understanding of the industry and business. And as long as I can earn £1500-2000 I’ll be happy.

To JonnyRage: did you include some sort of wage for yourself in your cost? If not how could you survive for two years?

You are absolutely MENTAL if you do this and you haven’t got at least a year or two full time as a tramper driver under your belt for a container company! :exclamation: And even then i’d still advise against it as you would be not much worse off being a salaried driver! :exclamation:

leyland510:

Big Truck:

You’d probably clear more profit at maccy D’s :laughing:

You’d probably clear more profit at maccy D’s

…and still end up with the same finely tuned physique? :open_mouth:

i been told that Maritime have just acquired DHL container logisitics so there may be more work there if its true for you to look at

http://www.maritimetransport.com/mainstory.cfm

A link to the news

steffann1:

JonnyRage:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: This has got to be some kind of wind-up.

Gibbs:
i been told that Maritime have just acquired DHL container logisitics so there may be more work there if its true for you to look at

why would that be?

DHL and Maritime already have their own subbies, when Maritime take over, the subbies on DHL will just simply go with them, so in effect, there will be no change to the amount of subbies required by either MTL or DHL :unamused:

leyland510:

You’d probably clear more profit at maccy D’s

…and still end up with the same finely tuned physique? :open_mouth:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

shuttlespanker:

Gibbs:

why would that be?

DHL and Maritime already have their own subbies, when Maritime take over, the subbies on DHL will just simply go with them, so in effect, there will be no change to the amount of subbies required by either MTL or DHL :unamused:

True mate true

JonnyRage:

I can back everything said above is 100% true.

bighands:

JonnyRage:

I can back everything said above is 100% true.

you sure about that? bit of a bold statement isn’t it? saying it is 100% true :unamused:

Elite don’t sell their trucks to subbies

Elite do not offer finance packages to subbies

No they won’t, it is 2 years now

so, you still back everything as 100% true can you?

i know these as facts, i have subbied for Maritime and Elite, i no longer have any trucks on Maritime though :wink:

> The enlarged business will operate a fleet of 900 vehicles with transport depots at every major seaport and consumer conurbation in England and 16 acres of dedicated container storage.

i would have thought that comment from the link to martitime would be a bit optomistic. i wouldnt have thought even with dhl the would be anywhere near that. :question:

Maritime alone had nearly if not over 500 trucks before they bought out DHL.

it does not say if that figure quoted includes sub contractors though :confused: