Manual v Auto

SuperSmiley:
Auto…makes life so much easier when your lost…+ i’m a lazy sod :smiling_imp:

that makes 2 of us then. p.s.i’m back 2 a manual now coz stobarts wouldnt let me take my scania auto with me when i left (it’s not as if they would miss 1 is it)

I have always been a big fan of the i-shift. I have driven the auto boxes from Scania, Iveco, and Merc and they are all ok once you suss them out. Since last Wednesday I have become a fan of the DAF auto box, not quite as good as the i-shift but still a very good box once you learn its little foibles, and learn how to drive it to get the best out of it.

there is one disadvantage with autos no matter what make they are. they deprive you of an arm rest for you left arm :laughing:

merc still has the armrest

I preffer a manual as i love playing with the gears, so far the only auto i drove was a Volvo fh & i hated it, it just wouldnt shunt slowley the g/box ecu would let me shunt a bit then think right now its time to go & accelerate.

But today I drove a Daf cf auto nice n simple 4 modes 2 drive & 2 crawler & boy that shunted nice n slow allowing me to get it on the bay 1st time every tim. I enjoyed driving it until i dropped the trailer then it became a typicle uncontrolable lurch machine like all dafs ive driven with no trailer.

I did enjoy the trafic though. :sunglasses:

tobytyke:

Big Truck:
Have had a 6x2 Premium with full auto Opti-driver on quarry work since Jan and I wouldn’t go back to a manual, no way :exclamation: :sunglasses:

Any pictures please ?

I’ll try to put some on the O/D forum before Xmas,been meaning to for months though :exclamation: :exclamation: :blush: