Manitobia companys taking on uk drivers

Yes very serious so lets let the agencies now involved do their jobs I have provided them will all the documents and photos I have which was substantial as well as copies of my degrees and diplomas. today for the first time since I was 18 I have to go before a judge and tell him to remove a court order sealing my medical records for the Human rights commission. All the lies and stories being told about me and being refered to as something I am not by someone who does not know me at all yes it is serious, serious enough for me to take the action I have taken. My gender and my birth defect was known to big freight. A dont wear dresses or skirts at work just t-shirts and blouses with jeans. With the exception of some of the drivers any time I was in the office I was treated appropriately, used the womens bathrooms. When i applied I had on a burgandy tshirt and black size 6 jeans with my leather jacket which by the way is a size 10 hardly a mans jacket. Hardly dressed like a man, the breasts are a give away. I dont own any mens clothes. No matter where you get your information you take as fact it is BS. Now if someone is saying I was written up for the way I was dressed they are fabricating a lie. Whether it comes from the office, another driver, the dog in the yard, one of the mechanics ect. As far as backing up I did back up went forward THEN DID IT AGAIN AND AGAIN… The day I was stuck in Northern Ontario up until they told me to try my chains which I knew would be a bad thing I could move the truck about 2 to 3 feet but that was it, small incline. The legal measurement is fine, totally legal but I also have a person who has worked at Sturgeon tire for over 15 years, knows tires very well, looked at the tires and said they needed to be replaced. I am not out to sue anyone, I do want the truth to be told and if that means getting the government agencies to do an investigation then thats what it takes. As the employer it was up to BFS to ensure other employees working there understood my birth defect and gender failure to do so well I will let the government people do their thing, as I said BFS was well aware of my birth defect and gender. Testosterone has the same effect on the female body as it does the male one, so that is why my voice is deeper, my hands larger. But there is a girl who works at crossroads in Minot ND has hands the same size as mine. Funny how some people at Big Freight and note I did not say office staff ,yard staff or the dog had an issue with my appearance and my deeper voice ,did not seem to have any trouble with U.S. customs, never once had an issue with any U.S law enforcement including the sherriff that lead me to the truck stop from the ramp when the truck kept shutting down. That was a faulty sensor. So no matter where you get your information if it is not truthful then what purpose does it serve. Now to the rub rails ect Next time you go over the scale at Medium B.C try going with your straps hooked into the rub rails. Or I could get a copy of the out of service order from there when I had the faulty valve on the trailer. Yup level 1 written on it as clear as day violation straps hooked to rub rail. Straps over the top of the tarps violation of BFS procedures. Use of damaged straps dot violation. There are a number of loads that come into the yard that remain tarped this was a steel load was left with tarps on. The day I arrived back from Ontario the first Manitoba scale was open went over the scale got stuck leaving the snow plow had not been there yet slight incline full load another driver helped me out. That is on the scales security cameras clear as day… Had a number of other drivers at BFS look at the tires majority thought they needed to be replaced. Big Freight did not want to pay for new tires so instead they got a hefty towing bill that was their choice, there will be more before the summer of next year with that unit until they change the tires. They fired me thats fine too but stop the lies and BS it doesnt serve any purpose.

bobthedog:
Tyres worn out, out of adjustment clutch, no satellite message… You messed up. Get over it.]

Well that kind of tells me why you cant get facts straight, Never said I was getting stuck in part to a slipping clutch. As I said previously the “reliable” information you are getting well dont be so sure it is as reliable as you think. You wish to continue telling stories and misinformation that is up to you. Word of caution as they may well read what I have put here so too can they read what you have, misinformation is misinformation whether you shoud it in some I have a inside source or am privy to information others are not. I am willing to back up everything I said here in regard to BFS with documentation to the appropriate authorities. Everything I have put on here I have already told Tom by email which was included in the information given to the appropriate government bodies. I am a bit of a packrat every piece of paper in regard to anything to do with work I kept, including photo copies of any scale inspections ect. I took pictures of everything no matter how small or insignificant. Anything sent on sat that has anything to do with getting stuck having to call KW assist I made copies. I am not out to sue BFS, they fired me without notice that is easy to prove, they send my seperation slip, final pay and 2 weeks severance thats all I expect. The complains any fines charges or anything else that results from that is between the government and BFS. I am tired of all the lies, misinformation, and BS. The labor board, Oh&S and the human rights commission will get to the truth, they will document their findings that will be enough for me.

Brentanna:
Yes very serious so lets let the agencies now involved do their jobs I have provided them will all the documents and photos I have which was substantial as well as copies of my degrees and diplomas. today for the first time since I was 18 I have to go before a judge and tell him to remove a court order sealing my medical records for the Human rights commission. All the lies and stories being told about me and being refered to as something I am not by someone who does not know me at all yes it is serious, serious enough for me to take the action I have taken.

Since action has been taken and the authorities are yet to make a decision, I’d advise ALL posters to leave this subject well alone.

This thread in now way off-topic, and my mouse is hovering over the “LOCK POST” button.

One more reminder to everybody… LEAVE OUT THE PERSONAL STUFF!! :smiling_imp:

Can we go back on-topic please■■

Anyone wanting to look for work can go online and put up a resume on the Job Bank.ca site. You dont have to be in Canada to put up a resume and let employers know your are looking for a driving job over here. If there is a group who can pool their resources you can always take an ad out in one of the weekly or monthly truck/driver publications. BFS is not the only company who is in need of drivers, there is a real shortage and not too many young people getting into driving. I have said it before any expat over here can let their employers know there are a number of drivers in Britian that would love the chance to come over and work, it doesnt hurt to let them know. They may well look into it if they are short of drivers. Dont limit yourself however to just long haul there are alot of oilfield service companies who are looking for drivers as well, they may not be the first choice in jobs but they will get you over here, and they dont pay badly. Some of the bigger ones are like Haliberton have huge fleets and are always looking for drivers. The other down side you would be in Alberta or Saskatchewan (cringe), there may be some in western manitoba as well, most you can go to their web sites and apply. Oil service companies are willing to import drivers they have in recent years been getting people from Mexico.

Doesn’t quite work like that. The government have procedures in place to make sure that expats are up to the mark. Because so many came over here then moved on so quickly, and because so many employers employed drivers who did this, it is no longer easy. The firm I am with will not entertain employing non-landed expats…

Now if you are going all out at the company, and you will not be the first, then I suggest that you stop putting anything on here. Telling us that the tyres were too worn to continue is suggesting that the company do not maintain their vehicles. That is always a dangerous path to take. I presume your various cases are not using any of your own money…

Just so you know, the only ones that will really concern them would be the DOT, as that is all related to their safety rating… The LB is of little concern to them. For every claim you make, they will raise several people to counter it and you will not win. They have been sued several times and can afford to defend themselves much better than you can afford to have an unsuccessful charge on your resume.

I can understand you being upset at losing your job. I really am not in the least bothered about your physical situation, and I am not bothered about the mistakes you made. That you got fired is one thing. If you were fired without cause then that is another. With the driver shortage you stated, I would have thought they would have retrained rather than removed you. In truth, I probably could find out if I really tried, but I did not start on you until you ranted in your first post on the site, then I called you to task on it, and all you have done is to get angrier.

If my info is so far away from the truth about your driving record, and only that, the rest is not my business at all, then prove it. Donèt say you can prove it then not bother.

And please use paragraphs… My mind is not equipped to handle a 400 word rant in one go… :wink:

Oh, and you did mention clutch slippage on at least 2 occasions. In truth, they know more about those clutches than you realise. I think they replaced a couple of them.
So you know, they have sent the trucks with that autoshift on the winter roads as a test. If they can take that without shattering then normal, reasonable highway use should be fine.

Your friend in the tyre shop would say they needed to replace the tyres… He is in a tyre shop, after all… :unamused:

Understand this. While I have no stake in BFS, I do not like to see this sort of thing. The company gave me, and others, a chance for a new start. I used to run my own trucks in the UK, and if a former driver, one I had fired, started slinging mud like you are then I would have gone to town. I assure you I would not let it lie.

Rant is how I am. I am letting the agencies I have already contacted and filed with handle it from here I have but one task left to do and that is a set appointment in 4 hours time. I recieved my final check for my last loads, but no severance in leiu of notice, so I just finished emailling a copy to the labor board. I have no interest other than what I have already mentioned end of story. Whatever the government wants to do for fines ect are between them and BFS. I really dont care as long as the truth gets told rather than pittiful lies and misinformation. So Robert end of it, thats all finished. Oh and for you info I do have proof of clutch slippage when I was going onto a scale they had to send another truck to take the load. I even know the shipper called them to let them know, made arrangement with another company I had hauled some loads for they let us do the transfer in their yard.

So, in a nutshell, you are saying that they have vehicles in an unroadworthy state. That is a serious allegation. I happen to know that your points of view are noted by someone in a position of authority at the company. I know this through a phone call just ended. The company have been around for decades. I really think they know what they are doing, even if they have made mistakes and are not as they once were. Surely, if your clutch was slipping, then you would have reset it yourself since you clearly know more than they do? As an example, the heater valve on C528 burst on the I29. I pulled the pipes out and joined them together and drove home. If I am prepared to do that, with my thick, non university educated head, then surely you could have idled you truck to adjust the clutch…?

If you can prove they have mismanaged your money then you should simply tell the company and let them sort it out. If they don`t, then you go to the labour board. That is what should happen, but you are trying to build a case. I think you will fail. I think you will do yourself untold damage in the long run because I have seen it happen before. What severance pay did you agree to? Did you ever get an agreement that they would pay you notice if they fired you for messing up? I can’t see it, somehow.

If they paid you for your loads, minus any bonus as you were dismissed, then you should be satisfied.

No, you have the knives out and are trying to cause problems for others. You doing this will not prevent them from dismissing others who do not make the grade, but it will tie all the others into contracts which are going to get ridiculous.

You remind me of the woman that sued Mickey Ds for scalding herself with her coffee… Make a mistake and then try to blame someone else.

Robert/Bob whatever you wish to call yourself drop it. I really dont care who you taked to or did not talk to you could be talking to GOD almighty for all I care. Under the labor act a employee who is terminated without notice is entitled to severance pay let them make their ruling. If you are working toward getting this forum locked well go for it I am not going to play your silly childish games. If they wish to talk with me they know how to contact me like I said I can prove everything I have said.

Actually, I am one of the people Dave mentioned as complaining when threads are locked…

How the hell can you say I am playing a childish game? I am pointing out the flaws in your arguments. That isn’t childish, that is trying to persuade you to tone it down and calm yourself down.

As far as I know, severance is payable as long as the person is dismissed without cause… You were dismissed with cause… Big Difference.

Oh, and my friends call me Rob… but you may call me “Sir”… :laughing:
Just kidding, don’t get bent out of shape about it…

“Just cause” The tires were a safety issue I had brought up with dispatch the shop and management 3 weeks prior to the incident, nothing was done, when I ended up stuck on a municipal road, as I said I had the post office box and the postal code, with my gps, I would not have made it without damage to the cargo if the road was not passable by truck. They measured the tires and said there was 2/32 usable left, Tom went on to say that they only use one brand and type of tire. Well guess what he needs to get out of the office more. The tires on the truck were the factory originals not the more aggressive tire they purchase for replacements. I brought up a safety concern it was not addressed, that concern is directly linked to the reason they give for my termination. Let the people who investigate do their job they will determine 1) if it was justified, 2) If BFS acted in accordance with OH&S regulations,the Labor act and human rights laws as it applies to employers. Drop it: I have made my complains against them let the government bodies do their jobs. Stop being a spokesperson for BFS, if your phone buddy of authority wishes to talk to me to address what I have said they know where I am and how to contact me.

So they were legal… That is all you need to say.

Your safety concern should have started when you realised where you were going was a bit out of the way. You also were probably supposed to make an appointment with the receiver and you would have got directions when you did that. You went where you were not supposed to go, and got stuck. If you were not stuck then why was a wrecker called. If the wrecker had to tow you all the way out then you were well stuck. You didn’t damage anything, well that is good, but probably more by luck than judgement.

Post a link to a map of where it happened. Let us all see.

Everyone gets stuck, as I have said before. It is how you handle it that marks you in any companies book. You got stuck 3 times. In Yorkton I imagine you reversed in too far, as many do, and your trailer wheels were over the edge where it is steep. I have done exactly the same thing, but I just got out of it and got over it. You then got stuck on the hill in SK… I have been there before. If you had to chain up then so what? That is the main reason you carry chains.

I suspect that you complained too much, and they knew you would have problems in the winter. Now you won’t…

Here’s an idea, brentanna me old chap/chappess, you’ve come onto this thread with an agenda, there are two sides to every story, but you seem to have joined this site just to get yourself some publicity, the rest of us are slagging off BFS, because we think it’s a crap job, we’re not going into specifics, you are, that is dodgy ground, this thread is useful to people thinking of coming to Canada, they can see what some companies, namely BFS, are really like, your situation is unlikely to be a common problem, so before you spoil it for them by getting this thread locked, either start a new thread, or ■■■■ off altogether :unamused:

This is a trucking forum, talk about trucking, we really don’t give a flying ■■■■ what kind of testicle/prostrate/mangina you have :unamused:

BTW truck 627 has just completed a run down to TX, there was bad snow all the way through the Dakotas, the driver reported that there were no traction issues and the clutch is performing as it should, he did say that the inside of the cab was left in a real mess and that it has a really bad smell (nothing resembling a fishy smell, so don’t start with the discrimination BS again)

Nothing to add other than to say that this is without doubt the most entertaining thread i have ever known on Trucknet, Ha ha!!!

Brentanna:
I brought up a safety concern it was not addressed.

They measured the tyres. The tyres were legal. So you concern was addressed.

Brentanna:
I ended up stuck on a municipal road, as I said I had the post office box and the postal code, with my gps.

And if you put your faith in a GPS, probably a good old tomtom, then you need your head read… You still should have called!

Brentanna:
The tires on the truck were the factory originals not the more aggressive tire they purchase for replacements.

Those tyres were, I think, Michelins. They are a virtually identical pattern to the tyres they buy, and to the retreads they use.

Brentanna:
Let the people who investigate do their job they will determine 1) if it was justified, 2) If BFS acted in accordance with OH&S regulations,the Labor act and human rights laws as it applies to employers.

You have stated that you have gone to a Judge to get your medical records unsealed for the case. You state that it has nothing to do with it but you have done this…? OK, fine, let them investigate if you are actually brave enough to try. I would imagine that the company have a lengthy file on you that will give them ammunition, and then you will throw a gender card in to try that out. I would further imagine that, as you are a Canadian citizen, they would have acted more carefully about dismissing you and would have covered their asses extremely well. You were not there a year. If you were on the HRSDC work permit they could have just put you on a plane. I am willing to bet they have more against you than you would ever have against them.

Brentanna:
Stop being a spokesperson for BFS, if your phone buddy of authority wishes to talk to me to address what I have said they know where I am and how to contact me.

Believe me, I am not that in any manner. I am a former employer who knows how it feels to have scurrilous claims made. And I have no phone buddy there. I have a few driver friends there, which is much more than you can say.

I’ve re- read most of this thread again and must say brentanna your just on a crusade to discredit BFS in any way you can I think you are a ■■■■ full stop. There are plenty of posters on here who have put the boot in to BFS over time but you are taking the ■■■■ Lady/Bloke, you’ve been accepted as a hemophradite to join their company & now your going to use that against them? That ■■■■■ IMO. You obviously don’t make the grade on long haul work reading you use a Tom Tom proves that beyond doubt & I reckon BFS are well rid of you.

Get back on your drill rigs if thats where you claim to come from theres no end of work for them as you say & digging holes for yourself seems to be what your good at.

This is an open forum which I enjoy having a bit of banter on as I worked for BFS for a while & have enjoyed putting my point across on a few times but your going to take that pleasure away with your carrying on.

BTW only time in all my years driving did I have 2 new Michelin steers & guess what twas at BFS.

Fly sheet

I wouldnt use a TOM TOM for anything more than a paper weight. I really think some people need to open their eyes when they read and not read into what is written something that is not there. But hey go crazy enjoy.

Us go crazy? That;s a little rich coming from someone who tried to fire a nuke only to have the rocket booster fail.

Look, As I said to you personally, it makes no difference to me, or any of us, what physical problems you may have. If any of us, and I know all the ones posting here, were to have been nearby when you were having the troubles, we would, EVERY ONE OF US, have stopped to help you out. That is how every one of us is. We would have taken the ■■■■, probably made wisecracks about women drivers, etc, but we would have got you out of trouble. Some of us may even have become fast friends with you, but you only get friends by being respectful and friendly. If you always have a chip on your shoulder then you will always be rebuffed, especially by people like the brits.

But had you started raising safety concerns to any of us in person, and we fely they were scurrilous, then you would have received the same as you are getting here. See, if there was ever an issue about safety then you shouldn’t have taken the truck out of the yard. If you had any doubts at all then you should have raised the issue beforehand. You felt the vehicle was safe, you left the yard, you got stuck and then complained.

And that is what the company will say if you ever get through a court doorway and it will instantly be on your own shoulders.

You have dug a hole. I already suggested you could salvage the situation and join in the fun here. It is entirely up to you. Keep flinging mud and veiled threats and you will be lambasted.

newmercman:

bobthedog:
they had some real clowns come through the gates and they were bound to become suspicious of all of us because of that.

Don’t you find it funny that I don’t slag off Paul Brandt Trucking, you don’t slag off Keystone, Nianiamh doesn’t slag off Flying Eagle and Dave PMSL 66 hasn’t slagged Penner International, yet we all are less than complimentary about Big Freight, could that be because the job we all have with our new companies is the same job as the one we applied for in the first place, no empty promises, no outright lies and no being treated like a second class citizen :bulb:

Canny lad wont slag off Searcys either.

The tire issue has been raised 3 weeks prior, you know as well as anyone if you refuse a trip they will make sure you get the least amount of miles they can possibly give you. Ask Keith about that one. I did not go out looking for a place to get stuck, But I do know if I had had the other truck I drove I would have went right through not a problem. The trailer had better tires on it for petes sake, the tow truck driver said that himself. Ask that little guy they hired that refused the trip to Thunder Bay because he did not think he would feel right hauling a load that was chained down, he had been hired for van not deck. I actually helped Tom out by trading loads with him. Mine was already chained and passed a level 2 in Ontario. So he took my load the rest of the way to Regina, I did a round to Thunder Bay and ended in Saskatoon. Couple weeks later I was in the yard was asked if I could help out by grabbing a couple Polaris loads and bringing them back to the yard, I was going on time off. Saw him at Roseau picking up a load, he told me that that was all he had been doing since we traded loads. You know full well that is how BFS works. You can bend over backwards for them do handstands and cartwheels but refuse a load you have just signed yourself up to day trips until the return of the lord. Without a doubt I think everyone would agree that Tom is not all that honest with what he is telling and has intergrity fit for political office.