MAN

V8Actros:

ellies dad:
On MAN,i had experience with an old knackered 17.332 and the first of the TGA’s. I only give my opinion based on fact’s,i don’t want to offend anyone who own’s any brand.Maybe the later model’s are running alot better,i hope so the TGX does look nice.
On Mercedes,we replaced our troublesome MAN’s with Merc’s - that company still run Merc’s and rate them very highly.I have an Actros and can’t fault,it does the job and get’s me home.
Renault are a machine i think but they only sell poverty or maximum spec…what about us all in between?
Iveco,too much controversy,people don’t even defend them anymore.
Scania are overrated and overpriced ,Daf are costly to maintain and Volvo have a crap cab.

No perfect truck out there yet i think.

hey up there ED,remember me buying that v8 actros a year ago? she’s now 5yrs old and this past year has only required a re-line on the steer,this was due to the last dealer (gerrard mann) not tightening up some hub bolts or something like that,so all in all best owner experience as yet,i’m still also running the magnum which is just over 3yrs old (bought new),and as of this week it’s on it’s THIRD air dryer unit :open_mouth: :open_mouth: to be honest i’d be relluctant to purchase anything other than another v8 merc in the near future.

Great to hear your doin well out of the Merc. I do believe the mp2 is a great truck for one prurpose ,making money. I never noticed a big upsurge in MAN’s in Ireland when the TGX/TGS came out but i have a friend who’s just bought a high spec TGX from the UK to do tanker work here-we’ll see if theyve improved.