MAN fault codes

Cheers lads, the one I drive is on an r+m contract and every time it goes in for service I keep reporting it to the dealers, 2 different one`s, and neither has done, or cannot do, anything about it. Luckily it goes back at the end of july.

dowahdiddyman:
Mine keeps throwing fault codes at me,03778/10 and 03779/10. When these come up its always when im in the final stages of braking and it also de-rates for a few seconds. Sick of reporting it to Man service when it goes in to be honest.

Hi mate, my 05 plate TGA 430 started throwing these codes up. Turns out 3 injectors were blocked - Have a look inside your fuel tank. Mine had black gunge in it which was blocking the filters and injectors and fuel lines. All cleaned out now and it noticeably pulls better and fuel consumption has gone down by about 1 mpg. Been told it is the bio-diesel in normal fuel that causes the black gunge.
Although the sister truck to this one seems ok, there is the sludge inside the tank so i’m getting this one cleaned out as well.
Cheers.

if you have blocked injectors how do you clean them out, surely a dealer will just want to replace them

chaversdad:
if you have blocked injectors how do you clean them out, surely a dealer will just want to replace them

Hi mate - my spannerman sent them to be “refurbished” and resealed at a cost of about £ 80 to £130 per unit depending on what needed doing - I havn’t had his invoice yet so i’m not certain.
Although this may be cheap in terms of replacing the injectors, the truck was off the road for three days so loss of profit / wages will bump the “real price” up quite dramatically.
Cheers.

yeah i know what you mean about down time but i,m off for a week in july so i may look iin to it, certainly seems cheaper than £750 per new injector {fitted}

chaversdad:
yeah i know what you mean about down time but i,m off for a week in july so i may look iin to it, certainly seems cheaper than £750 per new injector {fitted}

£750 each!!! Ouch! Even my MAN dealer could beat that. I am based in Derbyshire but i’m sure there must be someone ‘oop north’ who can sort that! If you want, pm me and i will supply my 's**t hot mechanics number. Its a lot of running around but it will certainly beat 6 x £750 (£4500).
Good luck.

kwaka:

chaversdad:

£750 each!!! Ouch! Even my MAN dealer could beat that. I am based in Derbyshire but i’m sure there must be someone ‘oop north’ who can sort that! If you want, pm me and i will supply my 's**t hot mechanics number. Its a lot of running around but it will certainly beat 6 x £750 (£4500).
Good luck.

As I said in an earlier post mine cost £2500 + vat for 6 injectors and the pump checked and repaired and also the loom which was about £400 on its own and this at Feather Diesels at Halifax and they do all the work their-selves so only one bill and one company to deal with. :sunglasses:

kwaka:

chaversdad:

Good luck.

As I said in an earlier post mine cost £2500 + vat for 6 injectors and the pump checked and repaired and also the loom which was about £400 on its own and this at Feather Diesels at Halifax and they do all the work their-selves so only one bill and one company to deal with. :sunglasses:

i’ve looked these codes up.
edc:
03778 rail pressure leakage in overun conditions

03779 rail pressure leakage in quantity compensation.
ebs:
01056 trailer control module pressure control,maximum pressure.

the problem as you can see is that the codes mean little without knowing the operation of the system in question.you need to look at the code and then understand how the system works and change the part accordingly.
or as is often done just keep changing things and eventually it will go away. :open_mouth:

03778-10 is a common one, MAN reckon 90% of the time just changing the fuel filter will cure this , but if not you need to do a leak test to identify which injector is causing the problem

chaversdad:
03778-10 is a common one, MAN reckon 90% of the time just changing the fuel filter will cure this , but if not you need to do a leak test to identify which injector is causing the problem

It`s reading things like this that really pee me off. Not what you have said but the fact that it is such a common fault yet the dealerships where we take ours have done buggerall about it in the thick end of 12 months. :imp: :imp: