Making your own diesel tanks

limeyphil:
I think the Germans have an issue with tanks that arn’t origional from the manufacturer.

lol i see how you sliped that one in there :laughing:

viewtopic.php?t=61050 big thread about it here

jimboy124:
After market diesel tanks in Germany - EURO DRIVING FORUM (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK big thread about it here

so dont make your own diesel tank if your off to germany? ok, it sounds perfectly feasable to make your own ally tanks and use an antisiphon device for the neck, welded in as the customs and excise bods have a thin tube to extract what they need?

I would of thought that tanks need some sort of type approval or safety certification ■■ They do after all carry a flammable liquid :laughing: :laughing:

yeah but its not that flamable though is it lol…

the Austrian firm i’m driving for have specially made tanks on the mercs, with a seperate add blue bit and at the other end another bit for pure diesel for the night heater as we run on bio diesel which is crap for the night heaters, but we carry certificates in the documents to prove they meet EU standards I think this is for the Germans (BAG) never been asked for it yet, same as the load security of the bodies certification :open_mouth: