M6 tonight

Mr Justice William Davis told him the jail term he was imposing “does not begin to reflect the true value of the lives you have wrecked”.

So why tf did he not give him longer ?

Because he apparently gave him the maximum sentence that was available to him.

Roymondo:

syramax:
words fail me !!! he would have got more for stealing cash than he got for taking a life .

How would that happen? The maximum sentence for Theft is 7 years…

I suppose it depends how that theft occured though. Higher sentences for armed robbery.
Sorry, me being pedantic…

but 2 footballers gave him good ‘character references’ :unamused:

Just found out, Morrison had a previous conviction for using a mobile whilst driving, obviously didn’t learn anything from the first incident

Considering the maximum sentence for DbDD is 14 years, and this guy got 7 years for killing one man and leaving another paralysed, what do you have to do to get the maximum sentence?

Stanley Knife:
Considering the maximum sentence for DbDD is 14 years, and this guy got 7 years for killing one man and leaving another paralysed, what do you have to do to get the maximum sentence?

This leaflet sentencingcouncil.org.uk/wp … r-web1.pdf sets it out fairly clearly (although bear in mind it was published in 2008 and there have been changes in the legislation since that date - notably as regards disqualification periods when given a custodial sentence)

rearaxle:

Captain Caveman 76:
No mention of an extended driving test before being allowed back on the roads. I thought that was fairly standard in these cases. It’s not right that he can just jump back into a car in 12 years time.

He will have to take an extended driving test as it’s a mandatory thing… and any driving bans now start after the jail terms. HTH.

Not quite. The driving ban starts when the sentence is handed down - but the court is in effect required to increase the original disqualification period by an amount equal to half the custodial sentence. The idea being that if the offender only serves half his sentence in jail (as is standard procedure) he will still have the original ban when he gets out. If he ends up serving longer inside (e.g. due to serious misbehaviour in prison, or being convicted of further offences) his ban will still end on the original expiry date.

In the case in question, Morrison was given a 7 year sentence (so will do 3.5 years in jail) and an 8 year ban. We must assume the court had originally arrived at a 4.5 year ban using their normal guidelines, and then added 3.5 years to it.

Morrison’s sentence has been tweaked, his driving ban doesn’t start until he is released from prison.

newsandstar.co.uk/news/Death … 57e60dd-ds

BossHogg:
Morrison’s sentence has been tweaked, his driving ban doesn’t start until he is released from prison.

newsandstar.co.uk/news/Death … 57e60dd-ds

Section 155 Powers of Criminal Courts (Sentencing) Act 2000 would appear to have been applied.

More good news.
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

Still woefully insufficient.

TiredAndEmotional:

Totally agree. I also wonder what useful function in life a “football agent” actually serves anyway?

Nothing apart from lining his own pocket courtesy of a bunch of overpaid primadonnas. :wink:

TiredAndEmotional:

Absolutely correct. I don’t know how he can look at himself in the mirror. :angry:

“An average speed of 81mph”, just how fast was he going to get an average of 81?!

His driving ban was also extended to 12 years 6 months.

A very dangerous job in any incident, r.i.p. to the fella who died, and condolences all round, and to those injured…Its not an easy job, but it keeps happening…instead of wasting money on smart motorways , build more overhead gantries…so that lanes can be closed before the incident/accident and actually doing something worthwhile…despite all the warnings, all the previous deaths that occurred…theyre still happening…but then again…so is using the phone whilst driving…