M6-toll road

I have read comments about the lorry parks at MSA’s being so far away from the main buildings and it seems that all the new MSA’s are going this way.

I got round the problem recently when I stopped at one and it was raining. I took the lorry into the car park! When they notice 14 parking spaces being taken up by one vehicle, perhaps they will take note!

I used the M6 toll for the first time around 5 weeks ago after hearing Sally Traffic tell me the '6 through Brum was totally screwed, for my rigid it cost a fiver which was good value considering I saved at least an hour and possibly 20L of diesel :smiley: I now use it every time I’m going North of Brum…

MSA? I guess the parking must be free like it is on European toll roads :open_mouth:

I dont mind the truck park being away from the main parking area, at least it’s a bit quieter, and at Oxford services at least they have tried to help us lot by installing showers in the fuel station building which is right next to the truck park.

Wheel Nut:
Are you really expecting a reply? :stuck_out_tongue:

Well I was cautiously optimistic :confused: what with all the publicity they are putting through the mags about the new services but I should have known better :cry: :cry: .

But it just goes to prove we are not being paranoid when we say that they treat us like excretia if he cant be bothered to take 5 mins out of his day to write a reply

Well I wont be bothered to use Norton Canes or any other Roadchef (by the way the wimpy in the one on the m27 shuts at 5pm ironic that it shuts at dinner time dont you think?)

At the moment i have no need to use the toll road because our yard is off j10 , but we load out of Norton Canes and have to cross over toll road on the bridge near the aforementioned services. the lorry park is always deserted as far as i can see when i glance over to have a look. If you have to pay to park on top of paying the toll you can see why nobody uses it. the road is going to be there for ever and it seems to me that the operators are trying to claw back their money in 5 minutes. Also there are a few exits available but you have to pay the rate for the whole lot instead of the distance travelled . If the charge works out at so much per mile there should be a toll booth every 7.5 miles that way you would only pay for what you used.
cheers ,
roy…

Carl:
m6 toll is now 6quid for trucks heard on radio news this week

I heard that aswell trust my luck to be one of the last ones to pay the £10 rate :cry:

roytheboy:
If you have to pay to park on top of paying the toll you can see why nobody uses it.

I think you have hit the nail on the 'ead there my son!

roytheboy:
Also there are a few exits available but you have to pay the rate for the whole lot instead of the distance travelled

Yet there is a toll booth on every exit so why not chrge the distance from the start to that particular exit?

I’m ■■■■ sure once they build the extension up to Manchester it wont be one charge for the full distance,I cant see them only charging £10 (as it will be again because the £6 is only til the end of this year) from the M42 to Manchester

roytheboy:
If the charge works out at so much per mile there should be a toll booth every 7.5 miles that way you would only pay for what you used.
cheers ,
roy…

unfortunately roy if they did this then it would defeat the object as there would be queues for the tolls I think charging for the distance travelled at the exit booths would be better