Ltd Co driver - Insurance question

nsmith1180:
Am both a director and an employee. Paying myself a basic rate of £10600 / 52. Ill pay about £20 a month in NI but no PAYE. Ill just opt out of pension auto enrollment. Then I am claiming all the allowances which more than covers my bills. Ill take dividends to cover big purchases and the company will buy big equipment for the photography side of the operation.

As both employer and employee you will have to set up the pension scheme (as employer) to satisfy the pension regulator, for you (as employee) to opt out of :unamused:
Which is one reason why you shouldn’t be an employee, along with the fact that there’ll be no need to pay NIC’s, saving £20 per month

Tafty:
I would be interested in anyone being able to point me to a source of a HGV relevent example set of T & C’s to present to an agency because I agree that they seem to be trying to pass considerable liability onto the agency driver if they can get away with it.

The search function should enable you to find T’s & C’s
However pigs will fly before any agency will accept your T’s & C’s, It’s definitely a one way street as far as they’re concerned. Accept their conditions or you get no work :unamused:

Hi,
I never had PLI when I ran a limited company.
The customer asked, I told them I would consider, they didn’t ask again so nothing was taken out.
Been like that for 6 years and four different customers, still no hassle or insurance
Paul

I’ve had a look about myself but can someone point me in the direction of a reputable company offering PLI at a reasonable cost please? Thanks

MikeDBristol:
I’ve had a look about myself but can someone point me in the direction of a reputable company offering PLI at a reasonable cost please? Thanks

Have a look at simply business simplybusiness.co.uk
For £100+ will get you £5M+ PLI

Tafty:
I would be interested in anyone being able to point me to a source of a HGV relevent example set of T & C’s to present to an agency because I agree that they seem to be trying to pass considerable liability onto the agency driver if they can get away with it.

I posted mine. The link to it has been reposted many times so it should come up in a search. It has clauses in for who is reponsible for insurances and that your business isn’t liable for costs or losses that arise from anything you or people who work for you do if it goes south. Its based on an amalgamation of a few different agency’s terms for their clients.