Low Bridge - A77

Coffeeholic:

weeto:
The law is quite clear on when you can cross a solid white line and just an obstruction isn’t one of the reasons. From memory the exceptions are a stationary vehicle, a bike, horse or maintains cd vehicle doing 10mph or less and if you need to enter a premises or side road.

Also “Due to circumstances outside the control of the driver; In order to avoid an accident; and When directed to do so by a constable in uniform”. I’d suggest that you might get away with the second one, as the alternative would be to have an accident - i.e. to collide with the bridge.

Roymondo:

Coffeeholic:

weeto:
The law is quite clear on when you can cross a solid white line and just an obstruction isn’t one of the reasons. From memory the exceptions are a stationary vehicle, a bike, horse or maintains cd vehicle doing 10mph or less and if you need to enter a premises or side road.

Also “Due to circumstances outside the control of the driver; In order to avoid an accident; and When directed to do so by a constable in uniform”. I’d suggest that you might get away with the second one, as the alternative would be to have an accident - i.e. to collide with the bridge.

True, good point.

So… how long before someone nails an old pushbike to the inner wall of that bridge then? Job done, perfectly legal now! :smiley:

Reef:
So… how long before someone nails an old pushbike to the inner wall of that bridge then? Job done, perfectly legal now! :smiley:

Or a horse. :smiley:

Just go under it ffs it only takes second and you’re away

Coffeeholic:

Reef:

Or a horse. :smiley:

anywhere close to maybole nowadays and it would most likely be a junkie, :slight_smile: