Lorry driver guilty

Just waiting for some muppet to come along and start trying to defend this poxy bargearse. I really hope he gets the maximum porridge and does it hard as well. Someone already said he wouldn’t answer a phone while driving and that’s how I am. No answering a call or having a look at a text. When you’re driving, you shouldn’t be doing anything else.

I was diagnosed with sleep apnoea when I was still skinny, I told the department of transport and the hospital and was sorted out pretty quick. I’m not one of those holier than thou prats, I just see the responsibility side of things.

One wife and mother dead all because of this ■■■■■■■ !

peterm:
I really hope he gets the maximum porridge and does it hard as well.

If only we had a penal colony to send him to! :open_mouth:

Don’t want the p***k out here.

Not only truck drivers, we all know car drivers are more noticeable, the number of times you can see an upmarket car, BMW, Range Rover, Audi or whatever with the driver with a phone clamped to his lughole, if my humble Volvo has got a hands free system, why can’t these idiots have the same in an expensive car?
Only yesterday saw one of these big FO tractors with trailer negotiating a roundabout, driver with a phone to his ear.

bestbooties:
Not only truck drivers, we all know car drivers are more noticeable, the number of times you can see an upmarket car, BMW, Range Rover, Audi or whatever with the driver with a phone clamped to his lughole, if my humble Volvo has got a hands free system, why can’t these idiots have the same in an expensive car?
Only yesterday saw one of these big FO tractors with trailer negotiating a roundabout, driver with a phone to his ear.

Too true mate, but not just the nobs in expensive cars, they’re in old bangers too.

The image of an industry. Sad case indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I totally agree that this mug should get a custodial sentence, but that should be the norm in all cases, not just because he killed a copper :bulb:

How many times do you read about drivers getting a suspended sentence when it’s a member of Joe public that gets killed :unamused:

May be it depends why you were using your mobile phone, apparently this church-going driver was going to play a sermon on his phone when he killed a cyclist, judge decided he was too good for jail.
plymouthherald.co.uk/lorry-d … story.html

Bluey Circles:
May be it depends why you were using your mobile phone, apparently this church-going driver was going to play a sermon on his phone when he killed a cyclist, judge decided he was too good for jail.

Good grief that’s shocking, so the message this sends is that you can get away with killing a cyclist providing you can justify use of your phone for religious purposes. Or come up with story of similar worthiness. Sermon my arse.

Perhaps it could be argued the life sentence of living with the guilt is enough but the baying crowd want blood or at least some consistency.

Been following this thread closely. So, I’ve changed my previous idea of trying to catch errant or wayward drivers.

Let’s consider the punishment for those that are caught. Their mug shots are displayed in every msa in the UK, along with their crimes and the town in which they live.

Their images are also displayed on the rear of all vosa and highways agency vehicles. They are never again allowed to operate a vehicle other than a push bike. Oh, and they have a compulsory tattoo in their foreheads with the words " I committed vehicular manslaughter".

If they commit any further misdemeanour, then they are hung from the averages speed cameras at random points throughout the motorway network!

Sounds harsh? Yep, ok, but the law enforcers on our roads MUST, get a grip of this menace, and soon. Sorry if I’ve offended anyone with my comments

I was nearly run of the road early morning at the beginning of the year by a Range driver with a DD who was watching a movie on his phone whilst driving on the A1.

You haven’t offended me mate. I am sick to death of knobheads in trucks and cars texting at the wheel. But what can you do? You hardly ever see a copper on the roads or motorways anymore.

Evil8Beezle:

peterm:
I really hope he gets the maximum porridge and does it hard as well.

If only we had a penal colony to send him to! :open_mouth:

Bradford■■? :open_mouth:

Christ Dog!

Bradistan is a bit harsh mate. Only cyclists and agency should be sent there. ( Oh and class 2 drivers ).

a vast amount of drivers myself included speed in varying degrees as they dont see it as a relevant crime, a similar amount use the phone for the same reason though for that I use an earpiece.not because its legal,but because I can hear better and don’t need to be on the look for plod…it was easier before smartphones came out as you could batter away txting without looking and were 99% correct in your msg…because of flatscreen smartphones being all the rage now,then its more of a fiddle to make sure your txting and spelling correctly.its not going to stop,fines wil make no difference,and every now and then,dung happens,though fatboy looks like he just escaped from a halting site so i dont suppose going on holiday will bother him too much unless he dont blag the bottom bunk and has to try and climb into the top one.if you overspeed by 1 mile or 10 miles its all just a matter of degree to what you personally think is aceptable.ive microwaved my tea,and ate it on the cruise on quiet motorways and im still here.if you dont see it as relevant then you will just do it,hence a vast market for peekaboo curtains when your tanging along on the wire… :slight_smile:

Bluey Circles:

Bloody unbelievable that !!! Hope the Crown appeal it and get the p***k some jail time.