Lorry driver froze to death in fridge trailer

bazza123:
It’s not really whoosh, it’s just I’m not sure this is the thread to be doing it on. A bloke died, he just needs to have a bit of respect.

Just a thought but would people be finding it acceptable if it was a Brit driver who’d frozen to death? They’d have told UKT to shut his mouth.

Whats wrong with what I have said that is so offensive to you? It is a fact that fridge men drop dead through not eating and entering freezers to work extended periods in them. Thats a well known fact among us. Also yes I do have a greater tolerance in sub zero temps than you will have, same as Eskimo’s have a greater tolerance towards the cold as do penguins in comparison to a parrot. We are equipped to work in such extreme conditions and are acclimatised to the conditions, others who step into a freezer for the first time are not. Get your facts straight before slagging me off pal.

AndrewG:
I have a feeling most of UKT’s posting was a little tongue in cheek…

No surely not Andrew :wink:

UKtramp:

bazza123:
It’s not really whoosh, it’s just I’m not sure this is the thread to be doing it on. A bloke died, he just needs to have a bit of respect.

Just a thought but would people be finding it acceptable if it was a Brit driver who’d frozen to death? They’d have told UKT to shut his mouth.

Whats wrong with what I have said that is so offensive to you? It is a fact that fridge men drop dead through not eating and entering freezers to work extended periods in them. Thats a well known fact among us. Also yes I do have a greater tolerance in sub zero temps than you will have, same as Eskimo’s have a greater tolerance towards the cold as do penguins in comparison to a parrot. We are equipped to work in such extreme conditions and are acclimatised to the conditions, others who step into a freezer for the first time are not. Get your facts straight before slagging me off pal.

I was one of the first people to stick my neck out and say yes I probably believe you when it came to your fridge engineer claims so maybe you’ll listen- you have become so very very tedious. Youre in that rare group along with likes of Carryfast that if I’ve seen you’ve commented I tend to avoid the topic. The same old nonsense over and over. It was entertaining to start with but you really do need a new trick.

Have a lovely afternoon.

switchlogic:

UKtramp:

bazza123:

I was one of the first people to stick my neck out and say yes I probably believe you when it came to your fridge engineer claims so maybe you’ll listen- you have become so very very tedious. Youre in that rare group along with likes of Carryfast that if I’ve seen you’ve commented I tend to avoid the topic. The same old nonsense over and over. It was entertaining to start with but you really do need a new trick.

Have a lovely afternoon.

I know you did and for these reasons why I actually hold a healthy respect for you. I am surprised at the carryfast comparison though, I didn’t realise I had got to that stage. I will take your advice though and calm it a bit, however rest assured when it comes to refrigeration topics, not only do I know my stuff but I will go one stage further and state this fact, there is very few fridge men to compete with my level of knowledge and expertise in this country. Now that is a bold statement to make. I have traveled the world in my job and comparing your level of knowledge of driving and trucks as I know you know this topic inside out, I am the very same with refrigeration. It wasn’t simply just a job to me, it was my interest and my life too.

UKtramp:
however rest assured when it comes to refrigeration topics, not only do I know my stuff but I will go one stage further and state this fact, there is very few fridge men to compete with my level of knowledge and expertise in this country.[/quotethe

We know, you tell us this on every other post

SH100939.JPGIwish we had UK Tramp here to help us survive such adverse conditions.My long Johns and sandals really don’t seem to cut it,and it’s a mild -22c today.

anytime the weather is ike that in glasgow,then they really have to seriously contemplate putting on a denim jacket over the t shirt.its always been a dilemma in weather like that.

hutpik:
0Iwish we had UK Tramp here to help us survive such adverse conditions.My long Johns and sandals really don’t seem to cut it,and it’s a mild -22c today.

How is the winter this year? I follow lots of Scandinavians on Instagram and there seems to be a lot of snow already, it’s that normal? Last few winters have been warm with little snow haven’t they?

Hi Luke.Depending on your point of view it’s looking good.We’ve had about 30cms in the last week and looking to get between 20-30 this coming week,so for anyone with skiis or snowscooter[which is most of the population]it’s looking good.The ski slopes have opened now and they forecast snow all the way down to Malmo next week.Tmps are round -10.12c with nights down to -20 ish.

That’s good to hear. Nothing worse than a warm wet winter. I’m very much a cold lover. I can’t handle heat at all but in minus figures I’m in my element

switchlogic:
Last few winters have been less cold with little snow haven’t they?

FTFY

raymundo:

switchlogic:

FTFY

Meanwhile, here in pedants corner…
Is about 250deg really cold compared with 290deg ?

Kelvin. :exclamation:

Isnt "cold" a relative term? Unlike Luke, I reckon cold starts when you need to stop hiding in the shade! And Im not really looking for a fight here, just asking.
:smiley:

When i did a '‘perishable goods transport’'course in Holland back in the dawn of time we were told ‘there is only 1 temperature which is Cold and that is absolute zero,from then all temps are less or more warm.’ :wink:
Up here,like Canada the say ''there is no Cold,only bad clothing. :open_mouth:

Franglais:
Unlike Luke, I reckon cold starts when you need to stop hiding in the shade!

and when you’re already so ■■■■■■ off with winter time,that you’ve got the central heating turned up high enough to have the patio doors open,wearing summer clothing,into the evening,in single figure if not freezing temperatures and all the lights switched on around the house at 3.30 pm.To make it at least seem like it’s still Summer. :wink:

Franglais:

raymundo:

switchlogic:

FTFY

Meanwhile, here in pedants corner…
Is about 250deg really cold compared with 290deg ?

Kelvin. :exclamation:

Isnt "cold" a relative term? Unlike Luke, I reckon cold starts when you need to stop hiding in the shade! And Im not really looking for a fight here, just asking.
:smiley:

Yes it is really. I mean if it were +2 or 3c inside arctic circle in winter I’d consider that warm to be honest,

switchlogic:
I mean if it were +2 or 3c inside arctic circle in winter I’d consider that warm to be honest,

No s**t Sherlock… :wink:

hutpik:
Hi Luke.Depending on your point of view it’s looking good.We’ve had about 30cms in the last week and looking to get between 20-30 this coming week,so for anyone with skiis or snowscooter[which is most of the population]it’s looking good.The ski slopes have opened now and they forecast snow all the way down to Malmo next week.Tmps are round -10.12c with nights down to -20 ish.

ive family near gothenburg and its also mega snow lying today.there all out with the sledges and shovels now.

dieseldog999:

hutpik:

ive family near gothenburg and its also mega snow lying today.there all out with the sledges and shovels now.

Not batman is it?

I Think one of the most surprising things for many people [myself included] are the vast fluctuations in temperature which can occur during the winter.Iv’e had Days at -40c and the next day it’s -15,or -15c and the next day just below zero.

Consider it what you will, but I live right on the north facing coast of the Moray Firth and when in deep winter we get a northerly wind and with the chill factor it can feel like minus 20 and I don’t consider it warmer when the wind direction changes, just less cold …