Lorries with 13-speed Fuller Roadranger 'boxes

Maybe the ■■■■■■■ engined 500s in the 95 and the 530 in the first XFs (until Daf uprated their engine the 530 was a ■■■■■■■■ would have a Fuller and if so it would’ve been a 13spd.

Hey Robert, 2800 RTO9513, 3300 RTO9513, MAN19332 RTO11613, 95 RT11613 (perfer the RTO).
All you need is FULLER :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Bye Eric,

2800 dks.jpg

tiptop495:
Hey Robert, 2800 RTO9513, 3300 RTO9513, MAN19332 RTO11613, 95 RT11613 (perfer the RTO).
All you need is FULLER :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Bye Eric,

Cheers Eric! Most informative, as always. Robert :smiley:

newmercman:
Maybe the ■■■■■■■ engined 500s in the 95 and the 530 in the first XFs (until Daf uprated their engine the 530 was a ■■■■■■■■ would have a Fuller and if so it would’ve been a 13spd.

I always wondered about that, Newmercman, until I spoke to drivers of those beasts some years ago and they claimed not to have heard of Fullers with the ■■■■■■■ 500s, only DAF’s usual version of the ZF. Robert

I know the UK spec versions had the hydraulic shift ZF, but the Euro spec models could’ve had a Fuller option. Daf were still putting twin splitters in the 85 series then, so the relationship between the two companies was there.

The XF SSC with a 525hp ■■■■■■■ and a 13spd Fuller/Rockwell axle combo would have to be the ultimate M/E lorry. A tag axle with twins on the rear lift (I forget the FT designation) with a nice Van Hool straight frame tilt with all the boxes would look the dog’s dangly bits.

Benkuu, get your pens out :laughing:

newmercman:
The XF SSC with a 525hp ■■■■■■■ and a 13spd Fuller/Rockwell axle combo would have to be the ultimate M/E lorry. A tag axle with twins on the rear lift (I forget the FT designation) with a nice Van Hool straight frame tilt with all the boxes would look the dog’s dangly bits.

Now you are talking,thats my kinda lorry,thats all you ever need!

Reg Danne

Hey, We had the 85 's with Fuller’s too, but finished with the CF.

Bye Eric,

newmercman:

I take your point about the difference twixt UK & Euro spec - and yes, I knew about the Twin-splitting 85s. I certainly agree that a Space-cab / ■■■■■■■ / Fuller combination would make a fantastic long-hauler. I did a lot of Morocco trips in both 95s and 95XF (but not XF95s) and they were comfortable to live in. I also travelled to Azerbaijan in one (most of the way). Funnily enough, I actually prefer driving the old 95. When I went back onto a 95 after driving XFs I was amazed at what a comfortable driving position it was (for me, at any rate). Add a ■■■■■■■ 400 and a Fuller 13 to an old 95 and I’d be pleased to declare it the winner of latter-day trucks. I do have one reservation, however, I am not sure that they were as strong and resilient on rough roads as Scanias of the same period - better ride, yes! And I’m with you all the way with the straight-frame Van Hool tilt with all the boxes: I owned one. Robert :smiley:

I think the F series Volvo were a bit tougher than the 3 series Scania, I know Ralph Davis ditched all his Scanias for Volvos after the KZ job proved too much for the 3 series.

newmercman:
I think the F series Volvo were a bit tougher than the 3 series Scania, I know Ralph Davis ditched all his Scanias for Volvos after the KZ job proved too much for the 3 series.

Yes he did. I’ve always suspected that Scania’s hard ride gave Volvo the edge, especially on TIR work. Robert

I think it was the other way around, the Scanias were air ride, the Volvos on springs.

newmercman:
I think it was the other way around, the Scanias were air ride, the Volvos on springs.

I was thinking of 142s, so perhaps I’ve gone half a generation too far back! Robert :laughing:

142s were back breakers, especially the tag axles with the hydraulic lift :cry: they sounded nice though :sunglasses:

newmercman:
142s were back breakers, especially the tag axles with the hydraulic lift :cry: they sounded nice though :sunglasses:

Reluctantly, I admit to winding the driver’s window down in tunnels in the ‘old days’ to enjoy the music. I’d probably do the same tomorrow, given the opportunity! Robert :laughing:

I apologise if this has already been posted but I could not resist it.

It is always such a pleasure to watch someone who is right on top of their job drive a 13 speed Fuller :open_mouth:

youtube.com/watch?v=_CoJXmsLDBo

Motor sounds well though.

David

Oh dear!!

Hey, Some changed parts on the boxes to get 13 speeds as here the Büssing, and not the only one.
With the RTO 9509 you got two overdrives. What means the A in an RT(O)9509 A

Bye Eric,

Armstrong:
This one had a 13spd Fuller and ■■■■■■■ 325, it was a powerful lorry in its day.

Regards ,Armstrong

Snapped that a couple of weeks ago at a dealers

Hey, Some changed parts on the boxes to get 13 speeds as here the Büssing, and not the only one.
With the RTO 9509 you got two overdrives. What means the A in an RT(O)9509 A

Bye Eric,

IMG_0150.JPG