Looking for new job what sector to go for

Hearse driving is normally 9-5 and as recession-proof as it gets.

But your face might need to fit so that rules out CF - but looking on the bright side you might get to give him his last ride, though the undertaker will probably insist that CF handballs himself into the incinerator and sweeps up afterwards.

i would’nt say it’s so recession proof nowadays with these " pickup…burn… return…" companys about just saying like… :neutral_face: :wink:

Jimmy McNulty:
You want 45k? Start at 6, finish at 5 and home every night. You want this on a permanent basis

Carlsberg don’t do do HGV driving jobs but if they did …

I dare say if it’s out there those in the know may not post about it on an open Internet forum.

Supermarkets/Retailers may be your best bet

Oh they do, bit I am keeping it to myself :wink:

shullbit:

Jimmy McNulty:
You want 45k? Start at 6, finish at 5 and home every night. You want this on a permanent basis

Carlsberg don’t do do HGV driving jobs but if they did …

I dare say if it’s out there those in the know may not post about it on an open Internet forum.

Supermarkets/Retailers may be your best bet

Oh they do, bit I am keeping it to myself :wink:

Ivecos and David Taylor were enough to put most people off :slight_smile:

8wheels:

drover:
Sorry but you’re dreaming if you think you can tick all them boxes. Maybe if you lower your wage expectations by 25-30% but i doubt that job would be recession proof.

Ps let me know if your do find it :wink: :laughing:

I must be dreaming then…

I’m allied to the construction industry so not entirely recession proof but otherwise more or less all boxes ticked.

Good luck

whisperingsmith:
Hearse driving is normally 9-5 and as recession-proof as it gets.

I think they stopped piling bodies in an artic trailer when Covid finished.

dozy:

Conor:

Carryfast:
Where do you get the idea that trunking provides predictable low hours v multi drop.

Because it does?

It’s more likely that trunking will involve unpredictable finish times.

Not in my experience and that includes everything from the night trunking I do at Howdens to pallet network, parcel companies, manufacturers and whether you’re tipping and reloading or just trailer swapping. When I do my changeovers running up to Scotland it’s typically 9hrs - 9hrs 15 minutes shift the vast majority of the time. There may be the odd one that’s longer but it’s generally because there’s been an issue and it’s rare to go an hour over. Night trunking for parcel companies you’ve generally got a fixed departure time and for pallet networks you’ll usually be working to a range within an hour.

My experience of trunks / changeover to Scotland were hours sat at stainmour / brough/ Penrith etc waiting for the jocks to arrive , and multiple phone calls asking if you could get to Gretna / arndale water to help them out as they were running hours behind , odd phone call can you head up / deliver as there not going to get there
And I know jocks aren’t the sharpest tools in the box , but why you’d carry onto wetherby srvs when you’ve been told to change at stainmoor I’ll never know , add on ringing to say will change at carnforth when I’m coming from Grimsby etc etc
Mind they don’t speak English so I guess it could all get lost in translation

Scottish changeover in my case often meant the Scotch trunk was running late leaving so I went up to Killington Lake instead of Haydock or Charnock Richard.
Bearing in mind there’s not much point in a trunk running empty because of a delay in its load

What about DVLA examiner? Seems ok job 9 to 5,no weekends. How easy/hard is it to get in there?

ETS:
What about DVLA examiner? Seems ok job 9 to 5,no weekends. How easy/hard is it to get in there?

I think they are only on closer to 30k than the required 40k+

stu675:

ETS:

I think they are only on closer to 30k than the required 40k+

Salary was 24-26k when it was advertised very recently. Employer pension contributions were something daft like 33% though.

I bet the OP would also like the option of “working from home” :laughing:

ETS:
Ideally it would be days, start around 6am. finish before 5pm, predictable hours on most days (+/- 1 hr), weekends ok kind of (no saturdays). Multidrop or trunk don’t really care but prefer trunk due to more predictable times. Should be recession/depression proof or at least not get totally obliterated, no ADR tankers because they all either are short term contracts and rotating shift patterns (no no)

Salary I’m looking for 800-850 before tax per week or £16-17 per hour. Maybe farm work on tractors or bulk potato etc,? Supermarkets or parcel (do they even have days?)

11+ Car transporter, that ticks all your boxes.

I start at 5am, finish by 4pm, finish at 2-3 couple of times a week. It’s absolutely hard graft and you will earn every penny. The learning curve is ridiculous but the remuneration is in your requested ballpark.

Ps did I say it’s a graft ?

longD:

I start at 5am, finish by 4pm, finish at 2-3 couple of times a week. It’s absolutely hard graft and you will earn every penny. The learning curve is ridiculous but the remuneration is in your requested ballpark.

Also not the best if you are afraid of heights :laughing:

good_friend:

longD:

Also not the best if you are afraid of heights :laughing:

I didn’t/don’t even think of the height lol too busy strapping wheels and planning load order to keep height down lol