Looking for DPD owner drivers

So you have to tear arse around to get all the drops off like a demented mad hatter and then if you’re too early for the “window”, they make you wait and if you’re late 3 times you’re terminated. Sounds like an easy route to a heart attack.

I know you can earn £30k plus doing this parcel lark but DPD seem to be taking the ■■■■, big time. It gets my goat when times are hard these big firms who mostly are still making their millions try to make the little man take it up the wrong 'un and smile for the privilege.

Do yourself a favour and forget strike action or revolution, just get on to the other parcel firms up there for a slot, i’d of thought someone experienced in the game would be sought after. If that fails, get yourself a class one job, may not be as good money, and the two years experience factor is a pain but you’ll live longer.

If DPD got their act together, they might not have to drop the rates they pay to O/D’s.
I live in a cul-de-sac of 20 houses, and we’ve just had 2 DPD vans in the last hour deliver to properties within 30ft of each other. That doesn’t sound very efficient to me.

jackgers:
Sorry you misunderstood conor but I am well aware of “self employment” and the ins and outs as I have been doing it for the last 20 years but what you do no understand is that other depots from the same company give their owner drivers up to 2 weeks “free” holidays per year and they have also given some of their drivers their 10% pay cut back so I was just trying to find from other depots in the DPD group if any other odfs had been given their cuts back

thanks
jackgers

THERE IS NO HOLIDAY PAY. THERE IS NO PAY CUT. YOU ARE NOT THEIR EMPLOYEE. If you mean they pay them a 2 week retention and have also increased the price per parcel rate back to what it was then you’re correct. The more you mention about holidays and pay, the less I think you actually understand what self employment means.

Free market economy seems to be something else you don’t understand. If you’re not getting it its because you’ve not been as successful at negiotiating for it as the drivers at the other depots.

gb1:
If DPD got their act together, they might not have to drop the rates they pay to O/D’s.
I live in a cul-de-sac of 20 houses, and we’ve just had 2 DPD vans in the last hour deliver to properties within 30ft of each other. That doesn’t sound very efficient to me.

Unless you are in possession of the full facts regarding each vehicles itinerary for the day, how do you know?

From what I have read,tell them to put the parcels where the sun dont shine…for your own good if nothing else

gb1:

You think that’s bad, i do a daily collection at one company where City Link also collects from, he sits there for around 20 mins waiting, directly opposite is another company where another City Link guy sits and waits at exactly the same time, 50yds down the road, same again, another guy arrives almost the exact same time and puts his feet up for 10-15 mins, 3 drivers sat doing nothing and between them collecting no more than 25 or so parcels. DHL aren’t much better as their domestic and international arms were always operated seperate so it was common for 2 or 3 drivers to deliver to the same address within a few mins of each other.

Mind you i also wonder how TNT make money, this was the driver doing the same route as me at 9:20 yesterday morning

Around 23 drops IIRC

Conner you missing the point it’s not to do with holidays as yu know them. This to do with a contract holiday that dpd give and have decided now to reduce and on top of that drop the rate the op maybe locked in to this agreement as would have to give 3 months notice to quit from memory

My advice is if it’s winding yu up that much get out you still have the van and your insurances you could go and see what other companies are offering or you could go it alone I know a couple of folks making very good livings from moving eBay stuff round

Just a thought