LONG DISTANCE DIARIES - PHILIP LlWELLIN & OTHERS

DEANB:

Carryfast:
In that Tombstone article there’s a reference to running through Iran in a 1978 edition and I’m wondering if that might possibly be part of the elusive UK-Pakistan run article that’s in my hazy memory and if so is it there somewhere among your collection. :bulb:

Yes i have it,from memory its a sherpa van i think. Will probably post it on the midle east/russia thread thats on
page 8 at the moment.

Blimey either my memory is ( much ) worse than I thought :open_mouth: :laughing: or there’s another similar article among them all somewhere that deffo involved trucks not vans. :wink: :smiley:

One from 1982

Click on pages to read,click again to magnify.

One from 1979.

Click on pages to read and click again to magnify.

Part 1.

Part 2.

One from 1979

Click on page to read,click again to magnify.

A bit unusual but this fella (John Hood) was featured twice in long distance diaries.
The first in December 1977 and again in December 1982.

December 1977

December 1982

Thanks DeanB, keep 'em coming mate :smiley:

One from 1981

Part 1.

Part 2

Click on page to read and again to magnify.

One from 1984

Click on page to read and click again to magnify.

keep em comin deanb

DEANB:
One from 1982

Click on pages to read,click again to magnify.

Evening all,

Thank you DEANB for refreshing these most interesting articles. This one, and the following one about FB Atkins have a common theme…

Neither of the vehicles operated by the Welsh National Opera, the Renault, (Berliet), or FB Atkins, (170 Fiats), would have been there, had it not been for the efforts of one man …Anthoney G Neath, a Bristolian of some quite incredible ability…great sense of humour, and terrific personality!

Last I heard of him he was an owner driver for Westermann Foorwarding, (in the “proper” days of Tom Annabell…RIP), got blown out of his cab with an exploding gas bottle in Fords dismal holding area at Dagenham…

Great fellow, and really could sell lorries, and loved by all…hope he is ok today!

Those LDDs would never have happened without Tony!

Cheerio for now.

heres one from 1983

If you click on pages twice they magnify for reading.

One from 1988
Click on page to read,click again to magnify.

Again! Good read! Thanks for sharing! Got any more?

Danne

Dirty Dan:
Again! Good read! Thanks for sharing! Got any more?

Danne

Heres another Danne.

One from 1981.

Click on pages to magnify.

Nice Dean! Im on holliday so nead mutch to read :smiley: again thanks for sharing!

Danne

Heres one from 1986.

Click on pages once or twice for better focus.

Beresford from 1988

(CLICK ON PAGES TWICE TO MAGNIFY TO READ)