Long Departed Southampton Hauliers (Part 1)

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Since that FL of Kingswood is a 7 not a 10, would that be the Marseille shunter that Mickey Matthews had? Lightest possible so max weight loads were legal leaving the plant. He had a tent awning thing that clipped onto the top of windscreen I seem to (vaguely) remember?

Buzzer:
Buzzer

one of my dads old maggies, VOT 689T, STS liveried vehicles

Franglais: It was worse than that for Micky Mathews, he had an F6S for his Marseille shunter! F6S!!!

Buzzer

Buzzer:
Buzzer

What a fantastic picture! :sunglasses:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

West Bound A27 surmounting the incline at Gaters Mill West End opp Haskins Garden Centre

roolechat:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

East Bound A27 surmounting the incline at Gaters Mill West End opp Haskins Garden Centre

gazzer:
Franglais: It was worse than that for Micky Mathews, he had an F6S for his Marseille shunter! F6S!!!

!! I remembered it as being light but, that is !!!

Looking North along Portswood Broadway,Southampton in April 1949.The tram services passing through Portswood were withdrawn the previous year with the introduction of the Gardner 6LW powered Guy Arab 111’s - 150 of which entered service between 1948-1954.
J.R.Wood’s 1944 Dodge 101B coal lorry is just passing Westridge Rd . Wood’s were wholesale & retail solid fuel merchants & fuel distibutors throughout Hampshire & Dorset.
They were acquired by the Corrall group in 1961.

roolechat:

Looking North along Portswood Broadway,Southampton in April 1949.The tram services passing through Portswood were withdrawn the previous year with the introduction of the Gardner 6LW powered Guy Arab 111’s - 150 of which entered service between 1948-1954.
J.R.Wood’s 1944 Dodge 101B coal lorry is just passing Westridge Rd . Wood’s were wholesale & retail solid fuel merchants & fuel distibutors throughout Hampshire & Dorset.
They were acquired by the Corrall group in 1961.

Not much more than a stone’s throw from my Auntie Beryl’s house in Blenheim Gardens where I lived for a time in 1964 while waiting for a berth as a deckhand on a Union Castle ship. I had transferred to the Southampton Pool from Dock St. in the east end of London because I had seen South America and I wanted to see South Africa. Didn’t work out. Got an urgent call one morning to grab a taxi to join the Queen Mary as she was one short and about to leave for New York. Never did make it to South Africa. :frowning:

Buzzer

Never knew Hills had a Volvo, Buzzer

Buzzer:

Hi JD
Only one ex Siddle Cook and one Scania 143 ex Coles from Cornwall

Buzzer:

Whats going on with the wipers ?

Suedehead:

Buzzer:

Whats going on with the wipers ?

DVS Has been about a long time you know

DISPATCHER:

Buzzer:

Hi JD

Hi Chris funny you mentioned a 143 from Coles from Cornwall as thats where the F88 we did up was from JD

Suspect the wipers were vacuum on that early model, Buzzer

Buzzer:

DISPATCHER:

Buzzer:

Hi JD

Hi Chris funny you mentioned a 143 from Coles from Cornwall as thats where the F88 we did up was from JD

Suspect the wipers were vacuum on that early model, Buzzer

Hi John

Scania only had 51000 on clock when we got it used for 10 year never gave any trouble atall went on to Geof Kilbey after us have seen photos recently has been restored I think

Some more, Buzzer

293549270_10160556884459669_176260413164963974_n.jpg

Buzzer