Long Departed Southampton Hauliers (Part 1)

Hi All
SCA were from London & when they finnised bust I think Eurohaul brought some or all of those open top vans which Robin put sliding roof into & how he became Coprisystems which his son still runs to this day.

Cheer

Rich

Hey mr hill do you get royalties if that model sales

Ray Smyth:

gerbil sb152:
Hi all, sorry don’t know how to turn it round need help Buzzer. :sunglasses:

There are in fact 2 Corgi models of PUC474, one in it’s original Pickfords livery & one in its second life at Botley

The original Pickford model had Scammell TGJ 68 as pusher

The real thing

P1020010(1).JPG

Hi all, Dispatcher a few question’s about the Scammell. First what engine did it have, what was the horse power, what gearbox ,and was it double drive with any sort of hub reduction. Sorry for so many question’s but you are the man that would know. :sunglasses:

Tribsa i have done a bit more looking and it seem’s they did have a depot in Avonmouth & London also Mr Sean Moran ex Compton and STS . I found an old thread on Trucknet they were SCA Express at one time then called Europa Express i think from what i could make out. Happy day’s. :sunglasses:

I think Sean Moran drove a wagon and drag for SCA.

Hi all, yes kerbut it did say that on the thread i found. :sunglasses:

PUC 474 Powered by a Rolls 6 CLF not sure hp either 180 or 150 Im sure someone on here will put us right

Well done page 500

Well done Southampton lads, 500 pages. Cheers, Ray Smyth.

its a shame Pats no longer with us we would be way past 500 that’s for sure, a hive of information sadly missed

Hi all, yes that’s great passing the 500 pages. I went into Hills of Botley would have been late 75 e :sunglasses: arly 76 for a job, I was asked if I could rope and sheet to which I said yes he said good you will have a Scammell Crusader I think doing waste paper. I declined the offer and stayed at Lucketts driving a Mandatory doing fertiliser to farms wanted to do the heavy stuff but I suppose I had to start at the bottom and work my way up. Happy day’s. :sunglasses:

Tribes, just been on page 1 of this marvellous thread and someone said that SCA started in Eastleigh before moving to London but don’t know if that’s right. Also someone asked on the same page which I might add was started in 2006 long time back eh about an old company from Southampton with yellow trucks the only one I can think of is RK crisp not sure if the went abroad also it’s a bit late answering the question but as they say better late than never. :sunglasses:

Kev: SCA were in Southampton but whether they started there i can’t confirm (not that old).
RK Crisp of Swaythling Road, it was subsequently a Jacuzzi center and opposite the B&Q store and along from the original B&Q store (now Machine Mart).
They had guy Big J’s and Scammell Crusaders. They had tilts with “Paris France” lettered on them.
PS: I have to say this…I used go to by there on the way to school, young chap that I am.

Well done lads on 500pages
Regards gazzap

gerbil sb152:
Tribes, just been on page 1 of this marvellous thread and someone said that SCA started in Eastleigh before moving to London but don’t know if that’s right. Also someone asked on the same page which I might add was started in 2006 long time back eh about an old company from Southampton with yellow trucks the only one I can think of is RK crisp not sure if the went abroad also it’s a bit late answering the question but as they say better late than never. :sunglasses:

Have a look at page 15 that should answer a lot of your questions

gazzer:
Kev: SCA were in Southampton but whether they started there i can’t confirm (not that old).
RK Crisp of Swaythling Road, it was subsequently a Jacuzzi center and opposite the B&Q store and along from the original B&Q store (now Machine Mart).
They had guy Big J’s and Scammell Crusaders. They had tilts with “Paris France” lettered on them.
PS: I have to say this…I used go to by there on the way to school, young chap that I am.

Cuzz I am older than Gazzer can remember R.K.Crisp well, know they did machinery transport to Italy and have first hand experience of a gang effort of Southampton drivers helping to sheet and rope a step frame trailer loaded with washing machines in Bergamo belonging to Crisp’s which included dear old Tony Mapson, nickers Nigel, myself and a good few others. This was not an easy task as nearly every sheet had rips in caused by the outward load but with the aid of numerous pieces of sheet cardboard we made a presentable job and thats how it worked back in the day or as I would say a Mary Hopkins moment, not forgetting threading the paper seal string threaded through the dolly’s which often broke if it rained hard on the way home, Chairs Buzzer

PS. 500 not out, good job boys.

Big J long.jpg

Hi all, yes I believe RK Crisp was something to do with a crane company from au the midlands there was a guy from Wickham can only remember his name was Ray drove for them. :sunglasses:

Hi All
BCHC